Post details: abandoned lodge

02/09/06

Permalink 10:30:47 pm, Categories: Urban Exploration, 395 words   English (US)

abandoned lodge

Several weekends back, piplnr65656 and I checked out an abandoned lodge that's probably not long for this world.

Piplnr and I met up at a gas station nearby early in the night. From there, we hopped into his truck and drove over to a parking spot close to the area. Piplnr had his ATV in the back of the truck, and he unloaded it and we hopped on. That's right--I'm not too proud to ride bitch.

We drove on into the area from there, passing an unfinished man-made lake and a wooded bridge. We stopped at the lodge and proceeded to check it out. It was a log building, ridiculously expensive and almost completely finished. Someone had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on this building, and it had apparently never been used. It was a shame to think it might be getting torn down.

We spent a little while checking out the inside of the building and the bridge in front of it. There was almost nothing inside, although the building had apparently been wired up at one time. There was a dance area and bar up on the top floor, as well as a large outdoor deck on the bottom floor. It would've made a great headquarters for the Underground Ozarks corporate office.

When we were finished there, we hopped back onto the ATV and drove farther into the area. There was lots of construction going on, and there were plenty of areas we couldn't have gotten to in a conventional vehicle. Mostly, there was a whole lot of nothing, although there was construction equipment here and there.

We stopped when we reached what appeared to be the only other building left standing. It was a small little cabin, probably big enough for one person or a couple. It was finished on the inside, although it was in a pretty bad state. We looked at what there was to see on the inside, then went around to the garage and basement area, although there wasn't much there.

After that, we hopped back onto the ATV and drove around for a while longer, trying to see if there was anything else worth checking out. Unfortunately, the most interesting thing we saw after that was a surly skunk wandering through the dark. So, we headed back to piplnr's truck and called it a night.

Comments, Pingbacks:

Comment from: Greg Pelkey [Visitor]
Pretty cool, I have been exploring some woods near my house in Springfield, and am trying to find out about an abandodn house overlooking the James River just past Rivercut, also there is a spring and another abandon house in the woods. I have heard it called Indian Springs, but can't find out anything about it. I would love to learn more about the lodge, I am looking at buying some land, etc.... something interesting. Thanks
Permalink 04/03/06 @ 11:14
Comment from: greg pelkey [Visitor]
hey we have the same name. i hunt alot and that looks pretty cool. there is not a lot of pelkeys around i wonder if we are related? do you have any relatives in da u.p. Michigan? escanaba?
Permalink 10/24/09 @ 15:08
Comment from: angelia110 [Visitor] · http://www.goodugg.co.uk
Permalink 11/17/09 @ 23:23
Comment from: ghd mk4 black styler [Visitor] · http://www.stylerghd.com/specials.html
100113SLLLZ High buy cheap ghd styler expectations are the key to every ghd iv dark styler thing. If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. Chi flat iron it is while you are patiently toiling at the little tasks of ghd mk4 black styler life that the meaning and shape of great whole of life dawn on you ghd mk4 gold styler. http://www.stylerghd.com/specials.html

Permalink 01/14/10 @ 02:54
Comment from: black CHI Flat Iron [Visitor] · http://www.ghddeal.com/
100114SLZLM
This is the best black CHI Flat Iron ever! I have very coarse hair , but had become very sparse due to all of the breakage caused by other flat iron . Ever since i have been using the Dark Hair Straightener GHD IV i have had virtualy no breakage and my hair looks very healthy and shiny.This thing is really great. I’m an Asian boy and I use them to style my hair most of the time. I had 2 straighteners before, by far the GHD IV Hot Pink Styler is the best 1 for me. i have such damaged hair but after i straighten with this thing. Wow. incredible result! Love it alot. I look just like a superstar right now! Thanks to Hair Straightener Kiss GHD MK4I have been using the Pure Hair Straightener GHD IV Professional Ceramic Hair Straighteners for over a year.I have used many brands but I found that the GHD IV Purple Styling Set is by far the best for my hair
Permalink 01/14/10 @ 06:35
Hi guys. I have been here many times and have always found this to be. Help me! Can not find sites on the: Term life insurance underwriting. I found only this - cheapest term life insurance. I thought a very unexpected life of company from one of my rates who is long main, term life insurance. Term life insurance, that aims them a family and they feel it. With best wishes ;-), Vic from Egypt.
Permalink 02/22/10 @ 07:08

PC Kabel

Mini DV
Günstige
Lautsprecher

Permalink 09/23/10 @ 23:43

Underground Ozarks Blog

Here you can read about White Rabbit's day-to-day explorations and adventures.

December 2017