UER IS DOWN!!!

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

RE: UER IS DOWN!!!

Post by youthsonic »

OK, reading my last post I see how some people could get offended... Let me clarify.

MySQL on *NIX (unix,linux) is good at serving up web pages, due to the fact that SELECT statements run fast.

MySQL Running on a M$ Windows environment is mostly great at serving up web pages, but also real good at crashing and corrupting, especially when using MyISAM tables.

UER.CA is running on Windows 2003, so I would not have used MySQL in that case. There are better choices for this platform, namely MSDE.

UndergroundOzarks is running on a flavor of *nix, and running an older, but rock stable version of Apache, and PHP. This is a better combination to run MySQL on, and should be more stable.

I meant not to offend the MySQL Zealots out there!!
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I wasn't offended, I just don't know about servers and all that as much. I get called a computer nerd way to often and I don't know crap. But thanks for clarifying that! :)
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

What's funny is I know jack about any of this stuff. Someone can show me how to use this stuff or I can spend months learning this stuff but I choose not to because computers are not my passion. History is! Go HISTORY!!!!!! 8)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Are you in school for History, Willard?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Are you in school for History, Willard?
Nope, I was working on a business degree but after having over 10 people with college degrees not have jobs... for over a year... I'm not in school at all. History is my passion, however history degrees only get you teaching jobs... I hate teaching. Other then that a history degree is a waist of money.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

::throws college History planbook out the window::
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

These days it really doesn't matter what your degree is in. A business degree is a joke and a waste of money, not history. Get off the corporate bangwagon.

Willard, I suggest you not sell out and get a history degree. My brother just got a history degree because he enjoys history not to find a job. He'll be retired next year at the tender age of 38 from the military.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche