The Pitch

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

The Pitch

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

First off, I'd like to say hello, as this is my first post. Great forum White Rabbit.

Last week, a writter from the Pitch (Andrew Miller) e-mailed me asking for an interview. Cautious, I told him that urban exploring isn't the safest of subjects, and that I probably couldn't tell him everything he wanted to know. That said, he sent me an interview that wasn't intruding and allowed me to answer vaguely. I also refered him to PAWolf and LostLenore (both from the uer forums) who wanted to be interviewed as well.

Heres the article

The only complaints I have are that he didn't correct my run-on at the end (my fault), and that he posted the time and date of the meetup...something that you have to register to find out. We're not too worried about it though; it will probably be interesting to see who shows up.

How's it look to all of you?
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: The Pitch

Post by White Rabbit »

I read it from UER, you bastards. Goddamn Kansas Citians getting all the publicity. :P

Seriously, though, it definitely turned out good. It's always nice when they don't put a negative spin on things or make the people sound like weirdos.

I want to hear if your meet gets a surge in people showing up next time, so be sure and let us know.

Now someone interview me, dammit.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

I'm not worried so much about the surge in people, but rather when we see the cop sitting outside Tea Drops following us around. :roll:
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

The meetup turned out really well. Two whom were actually signed up to meet showed and another two showed up because of the article. Thats another four new explorers here in KC. 8)

I'll be refering them here to sign up for the forums.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: The Pitch

Post by White Rabbit »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:I'll be refering them here to sign up for the forums.
Awesome, thanks man. Glad to hear some new people showed up.

You need to give me a tour of the 8th street tunnel in about a month so I can put it on the site :)
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

The next meetup is in a month. How about you come then? Hopefully we'll have some scouting done by then and we'll be able to devote a whole day to exploring the tunnel and new locations.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: The Pitch

Post by White Rabbit »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:The next meetup is in a month. How about you come then? Hopefully we'll have some scouting done by then and we'll be able to devote a whole day to exploring the tunnel and new locations.
I probably can. You should start announcing the meets in the Missouri forum a week or two before they happen.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

You should start announcing the meets in the Missouri forum a week or two before they happen.
sounds good. I'll do that from now on.
azma
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by azma »

is the artical jsut online or is it in the magazine to.. either wat its nice.
_J_
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

It was in last week's issue as well.
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

I'm one of the people who read the article in the pitch. I saw it online and signed up right away, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. So anyway (thump)... darn hand cuffs... so when and where is the next meetup? (thump) dang pepper spray, I need a better belt. (hey i'm just kidding ok?)
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

I'm glad you came to this site, as the meetup group is now dying due to that damn fee. We just had a meetup last Saturday. Now that it's summer, we'll be going out exploring more often again. As to when we meet, we'll probably start posting it in the Kansas City board. W/R has kind of created us a nice home here at UO. :)

Hah, I just realised that was you Aaron :P