One hella weekend. . .

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

One hella weekend. . .

Post by Chillindave »

Hey everyone! I had such an awesome 4th of July weekend I just had to share it. I was planning on infiltrating a "unspecified" bridge, but ended up going camping @ Devil's Den State Park with my fiancee. We got a "Walk-in" campsite and choose the furthest one back. The seclusion was AWESOME! I did some spelunking in Devil's Den cave and checked out a few crevices, but was too tried from the previous day to explore it all. I want to do some more exploring up in northern Arkansas and possibly meet up with some of you guys in lower Missouri for a lil exploring and I've come to the conclusion I'm gonna just get a campsite when I head up that way and stay overnight. (Dirt cheap and camping kicks ass!)
I haven't been camping since I was 14 (I froze my ass off) and I finally gave it another shot. Loved it.
Anywho, we got up Monday, loaded up everything, then drove to War Eagle Mill and grabbed a bite to eat there, snapped a few photos, then headed to Winslow to check out a train tunnel I spotted on a map. Well, that's the only photo I'm showing for now, but as soon as I catch up on a few things, I'll update this post with plenty more.

Oh, we all need to get together and go camping sometime. Pick a park or somethin and rent a few campsites, bring the tents and just have a kickass time. . .

So how was everyone elses weekend?
Attachments
Much like the Cricket tunnel . . .
Much like the Cricket tunnel . . .
DSC02030.jpg (86.81 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: One hella weekend. . .

Post by Sirius »

i saw lynyrd skynyrd last night at bayfest hawaii. my second time but ya never really get tired of seeing old pros rocking out like teenagers. do they still have a route 66 festival around there every year? that was always a good time...
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

Thats awesome about seeing skynyrd in Hawaii, Im a huge Skynyrd Fan, and saw them 3 years in a row at Route 66 Festival. They cancelled the festival 2 years ago due to money problems with the owners of the land. They are however playing at the MO state fair in Sedalia in August. Cross Canadian Ragweed is opening for them, it should be a good show. Did you take any pictures at the show? If so id love to see them.
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sirius »

i took a few pictures but i haven't gotten them developed yet. it was on a disposable camera so i hope they came out ok. i always hate to take my digital to big crowded events like that. i'll post them when i get them if they're worthy.
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

thanks man!