If you could....

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

If you could....

Post by Sparkle »

If you could explore any old/abandoned place that has been shut down or even tore down (before it was tore down of course...) what would it be? :?:

I would like to explore the animal farm thing near my house I used to see in good shape near Jefferson City before I moved to MO (its run down and rotting now) or the Woodward Penitentiary. :)
-=Let them hate, as long as they also fear=-
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: If you could....

Post by White Rabbit »

Meant to reply to this sooner...

It's not really a destroyed or shut down place, but Area 51 (which I've driven to the border of) and Vatican City are my top two places I wish I could peek inside before I die.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

I'm not sure if this counts, but I am dying to explore the catacombs under Paris, and the old asylums in the UK.
Spectral
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Spectral »

Not sure if my Chinese class has been that impressionable on me or what, but I'd really like to see the burial palace of Qin Shi Huang (The first emperor of China.). The place is supposedly an ENORMOUS underground chamber with tons of cool things in it, such as little channels filled with mercury and tons of treasures. If you've ever heard of the 8000+ terracotta warriors they found a while back in China, the palace is supposdely close to where they found those. They've yet to find an entrance into it.

As for Springfield stuff, I've always wanted to go inside the abandoned Heers tower downtown. Unfortunately, I hear it won't be abandoned for much longer...
Last edited by Spectral on Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I would most definatly love to explore any and all ruins and ancient sites around the world. Mostly things in Europe built by the Romans and Greeks as well as the stuff the Egyptians built. However stuff that the Church (I'm Catholic) built a few centuries ago I'm also interested in... they hold some interesting secrets as well. Oh yeah and also exploring the old Heer's Department Store on the square in Springfield, Mo.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I know there are already tons of people doing this but I would love to see inside the pyarmids or the Great Sphinx but i really dont want to be chased by mummys and if that isnt a option I think the Great Wall of China would be way cool 8)
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
ally
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ally »

you know ..i think i would enjoy going to explore the titanic. or any sunken ship for that matter.
~~~~ally~~~~
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Not too sure if either of these places exist, but there are supposed to be tombs/catacombs in the Grand Canyon that are part of a cave system that goes on for miles. Likewise, the Hypogeum (which does exist) on the island of Malta is rumored to contain secret passageways that reach all the way to Italy. There's not really anything stopping me from going to the Grand Canyon, but I don't expect to find anything, and from what I hear security in the Hypogeum is pretty tight right now.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago. If it is true, you'd need a lifetime to find those tunnels. The area is sooooooo vast and lots of it is virtually unexplored. No roads in or out of most areas of the canyon either. There's still lots of parts of it that no one has set foot on in our lifetime.
Nivelo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nivelo »

I'd like to explore NASA when it shuts down and float through the entire thing.

Hey ally,

We had a boat in our posession for a while.
It was 75m long with many many cabins.
We ended up having six parties on it over a year including new years! yay it was excellent.... l miss the cape don :cry:

Nivelo
azma
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by azma »

im gona have to go with the meeting place for a secret socitey or maybe just explore the pentagon or white house for a while
_J_
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Somewhere I just remembered is Château d'If in Marseille, France although it's open to the public, it's on my list of places to go before I die.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

any of the old castles in europe but ireland especially.

I want to find all the secret stairways ect. the idea excites me to no end.
Kit wrote:I am old
Cake_Pan
Lush
Lush

Post by Cake_Pan »

babys Cry hospital in Hawaii
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Has anyone seen the pictures of the Russian guys who are making some video game about Chernobyl who were actually walking around inside the plant? Pretty wild, I'd say that'd be something cool to go see...mainly just because it's so dramatic and menacing.

But I'd like to go to that temple where they have all of the monk skeletons around and such...that's a pretty rad deal. What else...I don't remember now.