If you could....

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: If you could....

Post by Sertile »

Hmm... You mean the one in Europe that's made out of bones?

http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/silver_p/kutna.html

If it's someplace else, I've not heard of it.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

That's on my "go before I die" list too.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

That may be the same one...I'm not sure. The one I was looking at seemed a little bit more evil than that. There was this child's skeleton on the ceiling of this one room with a sythe made to look like the grim reaper. Very peculiar.
LostLenore
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LostLenore »

i would love to go through all the catacombs but when you think about it exploring chernobyl would be so amazing. there was a site with a woman who explored it i found absolutely amazing.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Yeah, that is a cool site. Sadly, it's a load of BS. However, the pictures are real. She has actually put together a reputable site which I really like.

www.serpentswall.com
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Honestly, there is no one specific place I'd like to visit, but there are a few general types of places that I'd like to go rummaging through.

1) Close-set apartment buildings or building-style houses and businesses from the Prohibition era in major cities. My stepmom used to live in one in KC that had four basements, and it had connections through the bottom two basements (both semi-hidden) to the houses on either side. They'd been closed up, though. Too bad.

2) Old churches. A lot of old churches are really spectacular places. I live across the street from one that I actually get to rummage through on a fairly regular basis. My grandparents attend, and it used to be used as a bible college before that grew out of the space it could provide. It used to be a house, and only the bottom floor's being used right now, but it's a really cool place to poke around in when I get the chance. I'd imagine that there are lots of similar places in the area.

They're fairly mundane places, but they might be pretty darn cool.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
LimoGuy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LimoGuy »

I'd really like to go all the way through mammoth cave in tennessee. or the really huge cave in arizona. By the way I'm leaving for the air force in a couple days. if i ever get into area 51 i'll come back and tell you about it WR.
"That's called PAIN. Get used to it!"
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Re: RE: If you could....

Post by ann_marie »

LimoGuy wrote:I'd really like to go all the way through mammoth cave in tennessee. or the really huge cave in arizona. By the way I'm leaving for the air force in a couple days. if i ever get into area 51 i'll come back and tell you about it WR.
Good luck! I hope you stay safe.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
caver
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by caver »

Mammoth has 360 miles of passage.
Good luck. 8)
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: If you could....

Post by White Rabbit »

LimoGuy wrote:if i ever get into area 51 i'll come back and tell you about it WR.
Dude! Stay in there for a while, and I bet you could end up there eventually. And I'd kill to hear some stories from inside that place.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

I think I know which catacombs you're talking about, with the walls lined with mummies and such. It's a monastary in (I believe) Italy. I'll see if I can track it down again, 'cause I lost it when I upgraded my computer.

Had a picture of a little girl who'd been mummified about a century or five ago, and looked like she was still alive.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Found 'em.

Post by Mindscape »

The catacombs are in Palermo, Italy. Here's a fairly decent site on them, though there are some others running around on the web.

http://members.tripod.com/~Motomom/index-3.html

The pictures are all pretty spiffy, though the ones of that one little girl are probably the coolest.