Downtown Ghost Tours this Fri and Sat

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Downtown Ghost Tours this Fri and Sat

Post by Hiccup »

Theolotus wrote:Wait dawgchain isn't the killer? It's Willard?
no, its totally dawgchain--hes a shady bastard (dont tell him i said that, he'll hurt me) :shock:
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

RE: Downtown Ghost Tours this Fri and Sat

Post by darkcloud617 »

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Spri ... ings2.html

anyone heard of the landers theater being haunted?
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

darkcloud617 wrote:http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Spri ... ings2.html

Yes they had it on the news one time.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I remember a bit about "cold spots" in the Landers and some ghost (was it a little girl?), on some really old local documentary that used to show on Halloween nights back in the 80's. There was a lot of really cool stuff on that show, like a part about ozark folktales and some kind of cave that was haunted by a fiddler. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I'd love to get ahold of a video, but I doubt one exists.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Post by colt45 »

Yes the little girl is one of the ghost that haunts the landers, i think there are more than one though
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Soemthign about an actor who got sick and died on openning night of his first big show. The stand-in did great and everything went off well, but someone saw the actor in the catwalks. Now supposedly they see him there during good shows and sometimes on stage practicing when the lights are out.

supposedly you can still see him looking out of his window on th top floor far west window. It is in several books and stuff, suposedly one of springfields only subsantieated(sp?) sightings.
----------This space for rent----------
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

darkcloud617 wrote:http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Spri ... ings2.html

Ok, there are three known ghosts at the Landers Theater. One is the little girl (I don't remember how she died), another is a man (possibly that actor who was said to have died on the opening night of a play) and the third ghost is Mrs. Landers (buried in the Landers Mosulem (sp?) in St. Mary's Cemetary). Mrs. Landers I know died from being decapitated by the old freight elevator back stage (no longer there). She was looking down the shaft and about the same time the elevator was going down (this was before enclosed shafts and stuff were manditory).
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Post by colt45 »

the little girl was killed when a fire broke out everyone started running out and she was trampelled (spelling?)
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

google for haunted route 66 and you will find alot.
----------This space for rent----------
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

I do shows at the Landers and am in a theatre troupe there, so I'm there every week. I'll say, no one there even knows which stories are true and which ones arent, but I am pretty close to the woman who runs the place, and She used to live there. She moved out because it was "too damn hard to live with ghosts". She had TONS of stories of stuff that happened to her when she lived there. They're all pretty creepy. Also, I was sitting on the stage in complete darkness one night last year with some friends at like 3am, and when we pointed a flashlight into the house (where the audience sits), a red balloon floated up out of one of the seats to the ceiling....funny thing, no one else was there with us. I about pissed my pants.

dang i typed a lot. 8)
I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
capias
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by capias »

Sertile wrote:some really old local documentary that used to show on Halloween nights back in the 80's. There was a lot of really cool stuff on that show, like a part about ozark folktales and some kind of cave that was haunted by a fiddler. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I'd love to get ahold of a video, but I doubt one exists.
I was just about to ask anyone if they remembered that show. I remember the fiddler because it was supposed to be a boy that got lost in the cave and that all he had was his fiddle. Anyway, I have looked for this show, but have had no luck. As I remember it aired only on KY3. So if anyone had any ties to that station, there must be a copy of it somewhere. If you have any luck keep me informed.
me fail english, thats unpossible!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I bet all you have to do is call up the station and if they have an archivest then they'll see if they still have it... Ned Raynolds would remember it! :wink:

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'd love to get my hands on some tapes of the Sammy B Good show, or some old Mike Malibu material. Locally produced TV ruled.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Sertile wrote:I'd love to get my hands on some tapes of the Sammy B Good show, or some old Mike Malibu material. Locally produced TV ruled.
The KOLR/KSFX station on east Division by the Old Airport would have Mike Malibu footage... or should anyway.