Behind Wilson's Battlefield

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
TR146x
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Behind Wilson's Battlefield

Post by TR146x »

OK, that's what I thought. It's a neat area. you know the one lane bridge near there? you can park at the Ozarks Greenways Parking lot near there and walk South. within 20 yards you hit a nice old barn, and an abandoned cemetary. cemetary has a fence around it.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Really? I didn't notice the cemetery last time I guess. I'll definatly be heading back out there again then! Right across from the church is a house and barn and big silo that are abandoned also. The house is newer and looks to be from the 70's almost. Anyone could hide there, so I wouldn't suggest going inside, it's scary to think who could be hiding around a corner or above your head.
BIG_T
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by BIG_T »

Havent been on this site in a long time. I have alot of friends who lived on the outskirts of wilsons creek in high school. They said that sometimes they would hear things like groups of men walking and talking and also hear horse wagons going down their gravel driveways. creepy stuff.....As far as the cave being there i've never heard of one being by the creek but i dont know that there is a sink hole that leads into a cave not even maybe 2 miles west of the visitor center. I also know lots of back roads around there that you guys might be able to park on if you want to go out there at night.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Behind Wilson's Battlefield

Post by White Rabbit »

BIG_T wrote:but i dont know that there is a sink hole that leads into a cave not even maybe 2 miles west of the visitor center. I also know lots of back roads around there that you guys might be able to park on if you want to go out there at night.
I totally want to know more about this one.
BIG_T
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by BIG_T »

people threw washers and dryers and stuff in the enterance so it might be hard to get in..pm me if ya want a location..i might be able to get some pics of it if i can get my sisters digital camera..
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Behind Wilson's Battlefield

Post by White Rabbit »

BIG_T wrote:people threw washers and dryers and stuff in the enterance so it might be hard to get in..pm me if ya want a location..
PM'ing you :)
i might be able to get some pics of it if i can get my sisters digital camera..
Post 'em!
TR146x
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TR146x »

If anyone checks this out, let me know, I'd love to know the details. I will be moving back to Springfield in a couple of months, after that, I'll join anyone willing to check this out with me!
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

willard, if your or white rabbit are going to be going out there, let me know. We could take my suv or i could pitch in on gas.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I'd hold off for a bit, because of crazy meth man.
http://ky3.com/newsdetailed.asp?id=8006
There's too much of this stuff. :roll:
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Oh man, they'll never find that guy out there. Speaking of which, did that one guy ever turn up who escaped from Cox North? I was kind of hoping he'd show up to the BBQ :)
xtoq
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by xtoq »

I have been to the abandoned cemetery (McElhaney) and to the barn on the south side of the street (opposite of the Church of God). I have pix, I'll get them posted to here soon (or you can check out my Flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourtwenty). There is a guy in that cemetery that died at 104 (or 102)! Fucking crazy! But, I had a friend tell me once that there was a murder at the Church of God there, and there were rumors at the time of Satanic worship. I've never been able to substantiate that, but I've hung around that church at night, and its more than a little spooky, even for skeptics. If anyone wants to go on a cruise or walk, day or night, PM me. I'm always up for adventuring.
There is absolutely no evidence to support the theory that life is serious.
xtoq
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by xtoq »

I said I would post pix of the abandoned cemetery, and here they are! Hopefully, I don't fuck it up, I'm new to this.
Attachments
Just for shits and giggles.
Just for shits and giggles.
mcelhaney-cemetary-for-kick.jpg (98.24 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
This house is actually across the farm road from the other houses.
This house is actually across the farm road from the other houses.
wilsoncreek-house-3.jpg (98.74 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
This house is also on the road leading to the cemetery (and by road, I mean the walking path that used to be a road).
This house is also on the road leading to the cemetery (and by road, I mean the walking path that used to be a road).
wilsoncreek-house-2.jpg (99.53 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
This house is on the road leading to the cemetery.  Abandoned.  Looks ripe for exploring to me!
This house is on the road leading to the cemetery. Abandoned. Looks ripe for exploring to me!
wilsoncreek---house-1.jpg (98.73 KiB) Viewed 4675 times
More graves.
More graves.
mcelhaney-cemetary-4.jpg (97.49 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
Graves.
Graves.
mcelhaney-cemetary-3.jpg (97.14 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
Born 1798, Died 1900!  Jesus fucking Christ...this is the guy we have to thank for the land this lovely cemetery is on.
Born 1798, Died 1900! Jesus fucking Christ...this is the guy we have to thank for the land this lovely cemetery is on.
mcelhaney-cemetary-2.jpg (97.86 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
THis is the abandoned cemetery behind Wilson's Creek.
THis is the abandoned cemetery behind Wilson's Creek.
mcelhaney-cemetary-1.jpg (98.76 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
xtoq
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by xtoq »

Just for the record, I didn't know it would post the pix backwards. I know, I know, I should have previewed it. Oh well, just read the photo captions from last to first.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Very, very cool. It took me a full minute of staring to figure out what was going on in that first picture :P
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Bewaaaarrreee...

The cows are not as they seem!
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."