Abandoned DAYS INN in north springfield

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Abandoned DAYS INN in north springfield

Post by dawgchain »

:idea:

Out on Glenstone north of Kearny there is a Holiday Inn. If you drive into their parking lot and follow the lot southward you find a complete and intact Hotel. There are several rooms you can get into, but most are locked with now powerless Keycard entry locks. On the second floor center of the south most building is an open office like area you can get into that still has stuff like desks, phones, papers, locks, and junk.
On the back side of the same building is a bent out ventilation duct that allows entry into the back rooms and storage area. We found some registries that proclaims the place “DAYS INN�. There were several other smaller buildings behind there, like sheds and such, also access to the roof as well.
LINK!

Aerial view... the Sideways U-shaped building

Good hunting and I look forward to Willards’ facts on this place.
----------This space for rent----------
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

RE: Abandoned DAYS INN in north springfield

Post by Kit »

i had no idea that place had closed.

lets see what i can remember about it.

it used to be the holiday inn until they built the new one there with the blue roof. I had my sixteenth b-day party there when it was pretty new. So that would have been 1990. so lets say it switched to the Days Inn in 1988 or 89 or 90. They once had a Double Dare sort of thing there in the front yard. I had a lot of fun getting slimed.
Kit wrote:I am old
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Yup, that was the original Holiday Inn way back when. You can find several copys of the two 1960's postcards for it on E-bay. The complex to the bottom of the picture is part of the Oasis which was originally the HoJo (Howard Johnson) Which you can find postcards for the HoJo on e-bay as well.

Both hotels were built around the time I-44 was opened in the early/mid 1960's. This realined US 66 off of Kerney St. to I-44 as well. At this time however, Glenstone was still US 65 and also around this time Tablerock Dam was built and the lake was created so traffic on US 65 was increasing. Also this was the major exit for Springfield at the time
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Theolotus
A Bowl Of Sugar
A Bowl Of Sugar
Location: Three lights down is another gas station, ask THEM.

Post by Theolotus »

Sweet! I worked there when it was Days Inn during the fall of 02. It was a short lived job, and I quit when I heard they were phasing out the position. I would like to see how things are now that they have shut it down.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."-Lazarus Long
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Thats awsome, maybe you could help get into some places and give histories.
----------This space for rent----------