Suggestions for a newbie?

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Suggestions for a newbie?

Post by gothstone »

I was trying to find info on the old tunnels under KC and found this site. This is great! I haden't ever heard of other people with these interests. I would love to go to the Kc meetup on the 21st, but I have to help setup for a wedding. Does anyone have any seggestions on places to look? I have seen several requests from the White Rabbit for help and photos in my area. I've got a camera, and would love to go looking around if someone can tell me where. Thanks!
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

RE: Suggestions for a newbie?

Post by thetrio »

Actually some I and some of my firends went looking for them today. we have done alot of internet reasearch on the 8th street tunnel. we know the general location and searched for about 4 hours in the area, unfortunately we came up with nothing. We are going back out to look for them soon but are not sure when due to conflicting schedules. I will tell you this some of the best info weve found on the whereabouts of the is on the kansas city library website. best of luck! :)
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

Lets just say that the key to the location IS at the library, pictures and all. Its prolly one of the best hidden locations I've ever seen. I won't tell you exactly where it is, But I can give you some clues to help you
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Hehe, I feel like a little school girl when I see people talk about it now. I can only imagine how PAWolf and Slim Jim felt...

:D teehee

Maybe we could go exploring a little sometime soon; who knows, maybe we could go by the tunnel soon as well. Technically it's sealed...

It's always nice to meet the KC locals though!
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

Any help or clues anyone could give us about the tunnel would be much appreciated. We're planning to make a trip back on Friday(thetrio and I) to check out one more spot that we missed earlier and that research has shown to be a PRIME candidate for entry.
I don't know where to start.....
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Just... If you guys do find it and get in... Please, please, please seal up the entrance exactly the way you found it. It will take some effort to do that (trust me, I know), but it would be a freaking Greek tragedy if this place got permanently sealed up because they noticed people were getting in.
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

Not a problem.......now about those clues????? :D
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Personally, I would like to meet you guys before you seeing the tunnel. I know this sounds dumb and a little over-protective, but I want to get to know your ethics first. And while I can't tell you not to go there, it's hard to want to give you help.

Is that understandable? :?
Last edited by S1L3N7B0B on Wed May 18, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

perfectly reasonable. Like I said on Friday we're going to look around some more. You're more than welcome to go with us - it'll be during the day. I'd like to think I have some good ethics. I hate taggers and all I want to do is look around. I like seeing old things like this and it's new to me. The last thing I want to do is disturb the place. Maybe some day I can come and show it to my son. :D
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

I think it would be great to have you come along. Maybe we could start with Mt. Washington and then if all goes well we could head to the tunnel. I completely understand your questioning of us and think it would be cool to meet some others interested in this. :)
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

I want to see the tunnel! And Mt. Washington.
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

When we go, we'll let everyone know so if anyone wants to you can go with us or meet us there.