Drain around the stadiums

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Drain around the stadiums

Post by ze_beeved »

When I was in high school people always used to talk about a drain around the stadiums here in KC. Anyone know where it's at? Or is it even worth exploring? I've also heard about caves up on the bluff right off of 291 before you get to the missouri river. Over around the old oil refinery. I heard they're either patrolled or cameras are watching. Can anyone confirm?
I don't know where to start.....
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

RE: Drain around the stadiums

Post by thetrio »

Ive heard of these but i think they are patrolled. Also thats in sugar creek area, and if theres one thing I know about sugar creek its dont get caught doing anthing as the cops are really bored and love to screw with people. at least in my experience. I know for sure that they patrol the refinery.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Post by gothstone »

2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Drain around the stadiums

Post by White Rabbit »

gothstone wrote:This is bloddy interesting!
http://www.huntmidwest.com/Subtropolis/ ... olis.shtml
Yeah, whenever I can get a tour or just permission to go in there, that place is SO going on the site.
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

I had a friend that use to work there and told me that during the day you can just drive on in. I guess they must assume that you work there and don't say anything.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

I sometimes work in the geospace caves here in Independence and anyone can just drive in at almost anytime. I think they start stopping cars after 8 or 9.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

thetrio wrote:I sometimes work in the geospace caves here in Independence and anyone can just drive in at almost anytime. I think they start stopping cars after 8 or 9.
Post some pictures!
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

I would but i dont have a digital camera or a scanner. Or any pics for that matter. Next time i go i will take some pics and have the photo place put them on cd so I can post them. I think in august sometime I will be down there permanantly so I can get some good pics. Who knows maybe I will be able to get a few people in. :)
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

thetrio wrote:Who knows maybe I will be able to get a few people in. :)
Is it pretty awesome? How big is it, etc?
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Its not very big compared to the looks of subtropolis, probably average size for these things. although I have only been through one half of it. I know that there is at least one set of railroad tracks going through it. theres not a whole lot to see in it. there is a box factory, a grocery warehouse and my metal shop but i know that there is quite a few other things in it I just cant remember what they are. Its really easy to access just drive in and if security was to stop you just tell them youre picking up a friend from work at one of the companys inside and they will let you go. Others may find it a lot more interesting but since I am in there every month or two its just work to me.
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chillindave »

On the subtropolis . . . pose as a worker. Haha. Wear the clothes like them and duplicate an employee. Just walk right up in there like you belong and act as if you belong.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Chillindave wrote:On the subtropolis . . . pose as a worker. Haha. Wear the clothes like them and duplicate an employee. Just walk right up in there like you belong and act as if you belong.
Well, the thing with that place is... I totally believe I could sneak in there. But I would never, never, never be able to put those pictures up on the site. Because they have enough money to swat me like a freaking bug :P