Top places list

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Top places list

Post by gothstone »

Ok, obviously its always cool to find a new place, but I'm sure the people in this group have already found a hell of a lot. So how bout this, every one please post with your favorite place/find in the KC area that has not already been listed, that way we can all get a chance to research them, and check them out if interested.

Mine will obvously be the 8th st tunnel, being the only really cool one I've seen so far.
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Top places list

Post by White Rabbit »

The B & H Underground Complex, which will be on my site in a week or two. It's an underground business complex that was abandoned and now flooded. Basically, it's like the Carthage Underground on my site, except they had a ton of offices and business stuff down there. Now imagine that they've let it flood with several feet of water of the last couple decades. Tons of office equipment and business stuff just floating around in the water.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

White Rabbit wrote:The B & H Underground Complex, which will be on my site in a week or two.
You went?!

My would be the flour mill off of Southwest Boulevard by Ponax. It was not only the first site I explored, but is still to this day one of the best. For all you level 3'ers, you've all seen it on UER and the large amount of photos PAWolf, LostLenore, Khaos, and I have added. I'll probably put some info up on it here, though we still have yet to find out a solid history of the place, we have very very little information about it.

On another note however, LostLenore and I went there to talk to the construction workers to figure out what they were planning on demolishing. It turns out, they are only getting rid of the visible silos (that means the incased ones won't be touched) and that they are going to dig an 800 foot tunnel through the cliffside behind the mill. This leads to a cave system which has since had all its entrances collapsed. They plan to use it for cold storage (for Boulevard?).
Attachments
Shitty picture I know, but its a good overview
Shitty picture I know, but its a good overview
edit.jpg (95.73 KiB) Viewed 7335 times
Last edited by S1L3N7B0B on Mon May 23, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Top places list

Post by White Rabbit »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:You went?!
Yeah, I've told you that before :P I was one of the guys with Slim Jim the first time it ever got explored. My pictures are still up on UER.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

ARGH! I FORGOT... :? I'm pitiful
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
N8L0
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by N8L0 »

The fairfax grain elevator is one of my favorites.
Some of lifes best kept secrets, are hidden under quality hill.
hakker3089
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hakker3089 »

can u still enter the silos?
N8L0
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Top places list

Post by N8L0 »

hakker3089 wrote:can u still enter the silos?
The couple of times I've been there, the door has been wide open with nobody at all inside. You enter down a ladder, then navigate your way through some conveyor belts and around and into the silos. All the way down the middle of the silos and you come to a stairway. The stairway leads to a big room with a ladder down to some sort of control area and a ladder that goes up. That is where I must go next.
Some of lifes best kept secrets, are hidden under quality hill.