Laboure Hall?

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
lindsayk
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Laboure Hall?

Post by lindsayk »

It's in the Southern part of North County. The train tracks that run behind the building aren't marked on any maps, but another train track that is marked runs next to the subdivision. It's somewhat close to where Laboure High School was located, but I don't think the buildings are in any way related. The building isn't too interesting, though I only went through part of it. I heard a noise when I was in a stairwell, which I'm pretty sure was plastic sheeting blowing in the wind, but I was by myself and didn't want to risk it. I didn't find the records that were talked about in that essay, so I'm sure I'll go back when I get a chance. If I get some free time in the dark room soon, I'll try to post my pictures here.
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

RE: Laboure Hall?

Post by memory_machine »

I just drove by this place today after being tipped off to it's location by some guys I met at a site. It's actually nowhere near where I thought it was, and what's even more interesting is that I'd been there before and didn't even realize it! I drove past it one day and got out of my car to investigate because, hey, abandoned building!

It hardly bears any resemblance to the place that I've seen in pictures, because it's been completely gutted down to it's concrete shell. I guess that's why I didn't recognize it.
Attachments
Laboure Hall a few years ago.
Laboure Hall a few years ago.
Laboure Hall last winter.
Laboure Hall last winter.
What the interior looks like now.
What the interior looks like now.
An example of what the interior looked like.
An example of what the interior looked like.
BUDSKi
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Laboure Hall?

Post by BUDSKi »

damn, i really wanted to get into this place... not really worth the trip anymore.
-BUDSKi
zippyelf
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Laboure Hall?

Post by zippyelf »

I still want to at least see it, since I've been searching for it for so long.