Wednesday visit

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
dsankt
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Wednesday visit

Post by dsankt »

hi,
new member from Australia, passing through St Louis tmw (wed) afternoon for about 6 hours and I figure I can easily keep myself busy with the munitions plant or Carondelet. I've just spent 10 days in Minneapolis and I'm heading south with Slim Jim towards Nashville.

If any local explorers want to come along PM me your cell number (I'm currently without phone) and I'll holler at you tmw. I arrive on the ever so FUN grehound about 1pm. Alternatively if you've a better suggestion about what to visit I'd appreciate the tip off! Thanks :)

dsankt
http://sleepycity.net
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

RE: Wednesday visit

Post by memory_machine »

Armour packing plant in East St. Louis is a must see. Carondelet is amazing, but I would skip the munitions plant. Not much there. I also love St. Mary's Infirmary, but be ready to come in contact with a bum or two.

I'd love to come out with you guys, but I have a night class. Friggin school.
cringe
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cringe »

Same here. I'd be down with a meet but I have to work down in Lesterville at 7 in the morning, requiring that I be up before 4am to drive there....

Prehaps next time? :D
dsankt
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dsankt »

Thanks, armour was awesome and we also did a few bits and pieces of the 1000 or so abandonments around STL. Insane, every 2nd building is vacant. I'll post a link when I get the photos up in a week or so :)

ds
cringe
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cringe »

Awesome. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I need to get my ass out and about some more...
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Wednesday visit

Post by ropingk »

glad you had a good time i need to start getting out and visiting some of these places--man work sucks
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Slim Jim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Wednesday visit

Post by Slim Jim »

St. Louis is very unique in the number of abandonments it has. Dsankt and I went to a few buildings in ESL including the theatre, which was pretty cool, although it had been abandoned for a really long time just like the rest of the stuff in ESL. We were considering going north a ways to a couple more sites but ended up not doing so because of time, but then on the way back from Nashville I drove past them and confirmed one more fairly recent abandonment and another large fairly new abandonment being essentially accessible! St. Louis rocks, in the same way Gary and Detroit rock.
Moo.