lindell and euclid

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

lindell and euclid

Post by lzrturbo91 »

so i was working out there tonite and there are these huge steele grates in the ground and like tunnels down there and a ladder down there, and there is this little building that has a metal door and there are stairs going down stairs where would this go or what would it be - its all in the bank parking lot any one know ?
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Re: lindell and euclid

Post by Chris »

Weird. Bank of America, right? I never noticed it. Have to check it out!
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: lindell and euclid

Post by junkman306 »

Sounds interesting enough. Let's go see.
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

i didnt have too much time to look at it , but there was something under ground-the stairs leading down - there is always a light on in there dont know why . anyone have any thoughts ?
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Maybe a bomb shlter or access tunnel to a remote vault or something?
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
JustLooking
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JustLooking »

Don't know about a remote vault, but maybe an access tunnel.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Re: lindell and euclid

Post by Chris »

Anyone checked this out? I meant to the last two weekend but keep on forgetting.

Was there a humming or buzzing sound? Could be an electrical vault.

There are LOTS of grates in the sidewalks closer to downtown. They all have "cages" beneath the grates and many have ladders. I really don't know what they are, but I think they're outside air intakes for older buildings. Of course if this is the Bank of America, that building's not all that old.
captainjackass
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by captainjackass »

I responded (kind of) to this topic on the chase park plaza thread. I can tell you that, from having grown up in the cwe, there are 3 cool subterranean things to try and explore (good luck accomplishing it, though). 1st, a lot of the store fronts on euclid had delivery shutes on their frontage to the street which obviously lead right to their basements. The basements quite often connected along a whole block on euclid, and were usually full height. The second thing was the supposed caves under kingshighway and forest park. Never found them. And third was the culvert/drain tunnel running along euclid (see the chase park plaza post). I'd bet it's worth trying to find a way into it. That sucker's at least 6-7 feet high and lined in brick, from when I saw it excavated.