I'm a Newbie looking for a good first exploration...help!

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
The Moor
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

I'm a Newbie looking for a good first exploration...help!

Post by The Moor »

Hey everyone...
So I've done a lot of exploring on campus and a bit back at "home" in Massachussetts, but I'm looking to start exploring around St. Louis...What's a good starter? Something beautiful and awesome with relatively easy access (hopping fences and climbing not a real issue...can't pick locks though) and a small to non population of "residents". Any suggestions?
Dust!
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: I'm a Newbie looking for a good first exploration...help

Post by junkman306 »

Welcome! Not real sure, but I bet if you do some reading you'll find something. If you were here in springfield I could show you stuff all day.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gravefindr »

Welcome.

Below is a link to the Woods-Smith Castle. I haven't been there but from the pictures, it definately looks like an interesting place.

viewtopic.php?t=930

Hope you have some great adventures around StL.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

If you know where St. Charles is, I can show you a few places. I just went to Noahs Ark for the first time today. I'm going back Tuesday.

You can look at memory-machine's blog to see when those guys went.
squabbit
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: I

Post by squabbit »

Apparently the blueprints are on file at the Missouri Historical Society Library on Skinker. The following quote is supposedly from a post-dispatch article found at the following website :

www.dupontcastle.com/castles/woodsmit.htm

"According to the blueprints and documents on file with the Missouri Historical Society, Wood-Smith's castle would have 2O spacious rooms,including 11 bathrooms,and a dining room with a spectacular panoramic view of the Mississippi River.

It would have two swimming pools,one outdoors and another in the basement for winter swimming. Plans called for a billiard room, numerous guest rooms and spacious servant's quarters. There were to be sunken gardens, a tower, a waterfall fountain, tennis courts, a golf course and a stable."
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

squabbit wrote:Apparently the blueprints are on file at the Missouri Historical Society Library on Skinker. The following quote is supposedly from a post-dispatch article found at the following website :

www.dupontcastle.com/castles/woodsmit.htm

"According to the blueprints and documents on file with the Missouri Historical Society, Wood-Smith's castle would have 2O spacious rooms,including 11 bathrooms,and a dining room with a spectacular panoramic view of the Mississippi River.

It would have two swimming pools,one outdoors and another in the basement for winter swimming. Plans called for a billiard room, numerous guest rooms and spacious servant's quarters. There were to be sunken gardens, a tower, a waterfall fountain, tennis courts, a golf course and a stable."
Over half the rooms would be bathrooms? That guy must've had a terrible badder.
lpfan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster
Location: cuba mo bourbon mo sullivan mo troy mo imperial mo st louis and now rolla

Post by lpfan »

either that or wouldnt ever have to worry about fighting over a shitter i have often thought of having more bathroms than bedrooms in my home but that would make life to easy now wouldnt it
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Speaking of bathrooms, am I the only one who wants a urinal in their bathroom? Why is this only a public bathroom feature?

I shit like once a year, so this would be efficient to have.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

No sir, you are not.

Someday I will have not only a urinal, but one of those ones that goes all the way down into the floor. You know, the tall ones that don't just hang from the wall.
silverstreak
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by silverstreak »

tHAT BE AWESOME, I always loved the tall ones when I was a kid, it was kinda like playing in a puddle, you gor to splash around a bit. I'd love a urinal , you could always turn one into a planter and mount it outside. Easy to waterthe plants then...They aren't just for peeing anymore!
squabbit
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by squabbit »

I stayed at a hotel in Japan that had a toilet/bidet with a computer in it and a keypad that had all kinds of functions. You could wash your ass with a mist, or a pulse, or a spray, and there was a digital temperature control and soap suds. I am absolutely serious. We Americans don't know what we are missing. We are busy squandering our technology on the space program and the military when we could have R2D2 shitters.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

silverstreak, somewhere in Canada there is a house with a row of about 20 toilets (not urinals, though) that go all the way across the front yard, each one with a different flowers planted in it!

squabbit, well, forget the urinal. I need a toilet with a hard drive bigger than my PC! And you're so right. Hubble? Waste of money. International Space station? Rip-off. Fuel cell vehicles? What a joke. Automated ass washer? Now you've got something. Where do I sign?

Seriously though, the biggest step back in technology mankind has ever faced are these damned low-flow toilets. What a fucking joke. You can't get more than a wad or two of toilet paper in them before they clog. We literally now have a plunger next to every toilet, and in addition, we probably use two or three times the amount of water per download than we ever did before, due to the now-required "wipe 'n flush" method, where one must wipe once then flush, wipe once then flush.

Asinine I say. :evil:
silverstreak
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by silverstreak »

Okay now this one is just too much, couldn't pee into that.
Attachments
urinal.jpg
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

Stop staring at me nun! I have shy bladder syndrome!
I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Aka Gringo Loco on KcUrbex.org and UER
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

How did this become a topic about peeing?