Brewery #10

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Brewery #10

Post by Nicotti »

More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Whitepanther
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Whitepanther »

I didn’t see this location for until well after almost everyone else. Like a decade or more later. It’s entirely possible that I was just so excited the first few times that I didn’t realize how dangerous one of the upper level vault rooms with the partial ceiling collapse was. It also could have just gotten that much worse since then. At any rate late 2018 was when I finally realized wow at least a dozen of these 100 lb plus blocks will all come down at the same time due to construction type of this room and I might even help break their fall if I don’t get the f outta here quietly enough. Eye opening for sure.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

Are saying the underground cellars are beginning to collapse?!
Whitepanther
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Whitepanther »

Chris wrote:Are saying the underground cellars are beginning to collapse?!
There’s roughly one to two dozen stone blocks on the floor that used to be attached to the ceiling. The room is the southernmost barrel vault of the upper level of the cellar. It appears to have been a giant boiler or chiller that still sits in that room. All of the stones missing from the ceiling were from a contiguous section. It seems like I remembered seeing a void my first time down there around 2012 but I couldn’t remember for sure how bad it was then vs now.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

That sucks! I know exactly the room your talking about. Maybe it's always been that way, but I certainly don't remember it like that. It's been over 10 years since I've been there. I REALLY hope it doesn't fail.