The Equidome

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
mrdreary
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

The Equidome

Post by mrdreary »

If someone here has been there let me know, i need some good stories about expierences there, please post them if you have any
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: The Equidome

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Isn't there already a thread a couple down from this one (and probably not the only one)?

viewtopic.php?t=5484

I've been there a couple times.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: The Equidome

Post by Nicotti »

mrdreary wrote:If someone here has been there let me know, i need some good stories about expierences there, please post them if you have any
Just do a topic search, (upper right below the user groups button), I'm sure you'll find all kinds of good stuff.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The Equidome

Post by SubLunar »

yep
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I suppose the crazier stories happened at night while people were partying or worshipping mothra or whatever else they did there.

The few times I went was during the day. I remember just roaming around the place, trying to find the last remnants of windows that hadn't already been smashed and throwing rocks at them. The place was mostly obliterated already anyway. I remember trying to go down to the sublevels, but it was pitch black and flooded. Also, trying to reach "heaven" but the ladder was hard to reach. If I remember correctly, you had to run around inside of the funnel shaped opening and try to jump up to reach it. It was just a cool place to go mess around and not be under any type of supervision. Probably the catalyst that sparked my interest in abaonded places. We'd also go offroading across the street from the dome in a field and along some trails. Good times.

Yeah, you'll find a few more stories in that thread. I've seen it spelled Equadome more often than Equidome.
Last edited by SubLunar on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

The ladders sucked. They were wooden and a few steps were usually missing, others were loose.

The place had a serious vibe to it, too. Like you were expecting something bad to happen.. Before everyone had the internet, you didn't have any idea what you were getting into, other than what people told you. I think it was more mysterious, the public scrutiny the internet provides was not a resource you had at that time. So as bad as the truth was about the place, the rumors were much worse. It became this legendary thing and it was to be respected.