All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Carthage/Joplin Day

Post by Druakara »

Possible slight change of plans for me. Thanks to

http://www.carthagepress.com/homepage/x142923027

I may end up having to work on Saturday doing network repairs... I'll let you all know by Friday night.
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
blu3blix
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Carthage/Joplin Day

Post by blu3blix »

Well, Willard already has plans and can't go. Somone wants me to help them move as well, although I'd do my best to squirm out of it for this. If we rescheduled it for a week later, would it possibly open this up for more people to tag along?
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." ~H.P. Lovecraft
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cousin »

I am game for whatever, I live here, so it's no big deal
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

That would be good with me, (I also live here, and normally am free (from work anyway) on Saturdays and Sundays.
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

I made sure that I kept this week open, but I would have a hard making next week. I would really like to go, but if things do not work out this week I will try for next week, but probably will not make it.
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

Ignore that last post, I got out from my previous arrangements (I did not really want to go any way) so when ever every one else would like to go works for me.
blu3blix
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by blu3blix »

Yup, managed to squirm out of it tomorrow. While Willard can't go still, I'm up for either. So this weekend or next?
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

I say this one, I will be there tomorrow at eleven.
blu3blix
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by blu3blix »

Alright then, I'm coming down from Springfield. But if I show up and its just us I'm gonna be pissed lol.
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Carthage/Joplin Day

Post by Curor »

blu3blix wrote:Alright then, I'm coming down from Springfield. But if I show up and its just us I'm gonna be pissed lol.
You know what really sucks? I was there and you probably were too, but we never thought to find a way to identify each other.
blu3blix
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by blu3blix »

OMFG I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I searched all over god damn Joplin for central and burger king for like 2 fucking hours. Unbellievable dude. In god damn carthage. I wasted like 30 bucks worth of gas i think. Well, I did find a really cool book on the black plague at a used book store while i was there. And I made it to joplin in a little over 45 min LOL. Counting from when I hit i44. Drove like 95 - 105ish almost the entire way there bc i was running late. Got into town at 11. Oh well, try again i guess. Just what all are we going to do again? I'll have to search for threads that discuss all those places.
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Carthage/Joplin Day

Post by Curor »

blu3blix wrote:OMFG I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I searched all over god damn Joplin for central and burger king for like 2 fucking hours. Unbellievable dude. In god damn carthage. I wasted like 30 bucks worth of gas i think. Well, I did find a really cool book on the black plague at a used book store while i was there. And I made it to joplin in a little over 45 min LOL. Counting from when I hit i44. Drove like 95 - 105ish almost the entire way there bc i was running late. Got into town at 11. Oh well, try again i guess. Just what all are we going to do again? I'll have to search for threads that discuss all those places.
That sucks a whole mega but-ton load. For future reference, in order to get to that burger king if you take Grant North from Wal-Mart to the round about and follow Fairview road North, go past 4-5 stoplights and central is straight ahead and burger king is on the left, and you can see it from the intersection. I would give you more specific directions, or ones that did not require you to find Wal-mart first but I do not know Carthage that well.

The locations that we had planned on are
Carthage Underground
Carter Park - civil war cave
Morrow Mill
Church Cave - Outside of Joplin
and maybe some of the tunnels, it was left in the air any way.
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

I would like to apologize for not being able to make it (thanks to work) - I'm still up for any weekend with a little prenotice. The BK directions were for Carthage rather than Joplin. For future reference if anyone needs directions or help finding anything, PM me for my cell number. I'm horrible at giving directions, but I am more than happy to meet up with anyone somewhere and help guide you.
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cousin »

I think the easiest way to get to Burger King in Carthage from Springfield is going to be, take the Highway 96 exit on I44 and stay on there for 30 minutes or so and it's on the right.
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

In addition to Cousin's directions - the 96 exit is marked as Avilla, it's immediately after the Hall Town exit.