Ghost Hunt/Dinner Sat June 7th @ 8:30

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Ghost Hunt/Dinner Sat June 7th @ 8:30

Post by Kit »

ok since there seemed to be some interest. I was thinking about having a UO ghost hunt / dinner.

I was thinking about This Saturday evening with food first (would not like the rumbling of tummies to be confused with an EVP) and a ghost hunt second.

I dont personally know of any haunted houses so we would be stuck doing the great outdoors ... But i do know a cemetery we could go to without much trouble. I also would be open to other suggestions.

I will say my take on ghost hunting is:

I believe there are paranormal things that happen. I would like to know more about those things and I really only trust things I would capture myself. I am a doubting believer :) I tend not to think any orb is paranormal. I go in and try to disprove anything I capture before jumping to any conclusions.

I just say all that because I think its good to know other people's mind set on such things before jumping into a ghost hunt with them :) I am probably just weird :P

Good ghost hunting is after midnight But I am open on times so let me know what you think and if you are free.
Kit wrote:I am old
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Ghost Hunt - Food

Post by Curor »

I am of the same opinion as far as all those views on paranormal and investigation go. When it comes to locations there is an extremely creepy barn that I know of. I know that one person has died there, I am certain of this only because Veruth's father pulled the body out of the water (he was part of the team looking for the missing person). I have also heard that two black people were lynched there, but I take that information with a grain of salt. I have also heard people claim that they have seen large white shapes (that is the term they used) hovering above the ground and moving very quickly. In addition to this one person has reported the sound of breathing in their ear. I only believe the white shapes story to any degree, they are solid and fairly dependable people, but the other claim seems kind of shaky (he seamed very skidish) and readily believes in the paranormal.
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: Ghost Hunt - Food

Post by Kit »

but can you get permission to be there at night? :) Also I bet Willard could in his mass amounts of free time find out all kinds of stuff about the place :P
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

oh, thats just part of the fun. Really I wouldn't worry about it, people go out there all the time, usually to get drunk. I wouldn't expect there to be any problems as long as we don't have horribly loud music, I don't think that would be very helpful in capturing evp's any way.
Nemophilist
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Nemophilist »

There isn't much to the place at all. It's an old barn, small outbuilding and a wellhouse. If I had to make a decision, I probably wouldn't call it haunted. It can get fairly creepy though.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

I would still like to have permission. See i AM weird.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Kit wrote:Also I bet Willard could in his mass amounts of free time find out all kinds of stuff about the place :P
I needed some good humor at work today! Anywho, I'd suggest Winoka Lodge or Wilson's Creek... but the first isn't legal no matter what and the second isn't legal past closing hours (ie midnight is not allowed). I might suggest my house barring DeeDee's approval, though what's haunted about my place (except for a couple of creepy upstairs bedrooms and being whispered by noone occasionally)?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

that would be cool if she says its ok.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Kit wrote:that would be cool if she says its ok.
I just asked here and she said it was alright. BTW, how many people might do this? Also where were you thinking on dinner?

slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

I'm interested. Depends on the exact schedule of things before I can give you 100%, but I'm pretty sure I'm free most of Saturday evening / night.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

This is the only sat i have free this month :( Lets say Eat at 8:30 head to the house afterwards. You can leave when you need to.

All you need is a camera, or a voice recorder, and an open mind :)
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

I just had my Saturday filled for me :(
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

I might be down for this. Keep me posted on what's going on. I don't recall any concrete plans I made for Saturday night.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Well I'm definatly down for this... I'm assuming the ghost hunt part is at my house since DeeDee gave the all clear.

Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Yes it is Willard. I would like a head count if i can get one.

For Food lets try Canton Inn at 8:30pm Sat June 7th.