Midwest Fest '09

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum

Will you be able to make it?

Yes.. Will not miss it for the world!!
29%
No.. The day you have it planned for will not work for me!!
41%
Possibly depends on the significant other and if I am in the dog house..
29%

Total votes: 17

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Midwest Fest '09

Post by SubLunar »

Should there be some kind of mandatory entrance fee payable in food/supplies...maybe everyone who plans on going should spend like 5 bucks?
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Midwest Fest

Post by Jamesw »

I thought about that but decided not to. The reason being is I want more out of state memebers to come. They are already flying and driving here and I do not want to make them pay $5. So I figured if us local people could cover it since they will be our guest it would work better. The biggest expense is going to be the meat, and like I said I am going to cover that.

I would however be willing to go in on a keg though..
-2008 St.Mary's Championship longest drive winner-
White Rabbit wrote:Funniest part: I actually had to stand up on my tippy-toes to remove myself from the pipe..
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Jamesw »

Can anyone help out?
White Rabbit wrote:Funniest part: I actually had to stand up on my tippy-toes to remove myself from the pipe..
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

What kind of help do you need?
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Midwest Fest '09

Post by Jamesw »

crazydrummerdude wrote:What kind of help do you need?
Originally posted on page two..
Jamesw wrote:Ok I am going to need some help getting everything together for the BBQ. We need enough food to feed atleast 40 people. This may change as it gets closer to the event. I am going to take care of the meat. So I will provide hamburgers and hot dogs. If you feel we need chicken or anything else let me know. So I will need to following from some of you great people:

Hamburger buns
Hot dog buns
Chips
Ice
Soda
BBQ pit
Charcoal
Lighter fluid
Paper plates
Napkins
Trash bags (2)
Ketchup
Mustard
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Onions

If you think I left anything out please let me know.
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Jamesw »

Man the turn out from St.Louis is going to be amazing. LOL there will be more people flying into St.Louis than people from St.Louis attending.

:roll:
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

What do you have planned? PM me if there's sensitive areas.
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Jamesw »

Nothing you haven't been to. if we go to any "sensative" places it will be late late night with a smaller group. There are roughly 20 or so people driving or flying in for this.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Cool. Should be fun.
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Jamesw »

It will be... Anyone want to help with the bbq supplies. If not we are not having one because I am not shelling out $200 to have one. I already said I would buy the meat. I have a grill we can use it someone can haul it for me. So we need just the basics.

Or if anyone knows of a place that will seat a group of 35+ comfortably let me know.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

I might be up for a little trip. I may be busy on the 18th, but I have been looking for a reason to head out that way again. You guys meeting up in St. Louis? PM details to me?
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by DigitalNinja »

Wish I could make it... I have to be on stage at that evening in the Springfield/Branson area.... Unless it started early in the morning... Oh well someone needs to plan another event down here sometime!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I plan on making it sometime on Saturday. I won't be out tonight though.
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Jamesw »

Werd... It has turned into a 2 day thing. So we will be out all day tomorrow and Sunday. Call or text when you can make it and I will let you know where we are.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I'm not pointing fingers at, nor do I have a problem with any of you that I've met-particularly those with which I've explored before-

But, Why do some people feel the need to break shit and be loud and draw as much attention to themselves as possible?

-I was walking into an area today, when some debris was thrown from the roof and crashed to the ground in front of me. When I get to the roof of the building, I try to be polite and say hi to a few people I didn't recognize (who were clearly there for this reason) and was met with complete indifference. Walking over to a side of the building which faced a fairly busy street, these people were throwing shit off the roof at other parts of the building (which could easily have had fellow UE'ers in it), making ALOT of noise in complete view of anyone below. WTF?!

If I ever get a trespassing/B&E or other charge because some idiot I was with did something to get me busted, I would simultaneously get another charge tacked on because I would unhesitatingly cause physical harm to that person in front of the cops.

-

Other than that, I was glad to be out, had a good time and I did meet a few people who seemed cool, but I didn't get their names...