The Great Gatsby Speakeasy Shindig

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

The Great Gatsby Speakeasy Shindig

Post by Underdog »

To celebrate St. Pat’s Day we’re doing it in style and taking UnderLand back to the 1930’s for a rip roarin’ good time. Now you ask, “Well wasn’t that during prohibition? Why would anyone want to go back to the 30’s to celebrate St. Pat’s?” It’s a good thing that we’re bringing a keg with us. A keg filled with the most wonderful invention of man – beer. The cost for you? Nothing. The UnderLand crew will be footing the bill because we want this to be one of the biggest, most amazing parties this side of the Mississippi.

The Saturday of March 13th we’ll have 30’s music, 30’s snacks, Clue upstairs, and will be dressing the part. Wear your favorite Zoot suit, trench coat and foppish hat. Gangsters, Flappers, and well-greased coppers are a must. There will be a costume contest for the finest cat togged to the bricks. Everyone knows the best parties were during the prohibition when Speakeasies were the place to be. Load up your Tommy Gun, grab the dame and celebrate St. Patty’s with us. Please PM me if you plan on going so I know how many to expect.

Time: Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 8:30pm

Where is UnderLand you ask? Well, its on the SW side of Springfield. PM me for more if you're not a cop.
Last edited by Underdog on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: The Great Gatsby Speakeasy Shindig

Post by Kit »

This Friday is the 26th of Feb... and i think we have had this conversation before... or maybe i dreamed it..

Is this the same underland as before underland?
Kit wrote:I am old
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Kit wrote:This Friday is the 26th of Feb... and i think we have had this conversation before... or maybe i dreamed it..

Is this the same underland as before underland?
It's not THIS Friday, this isn't anywhere even close to St. Pats as its 3 weeks away..and actually it was moved to Saturday..the Saturday right before St. Pats. Yes, it is still the same place. I haven't moved. I just got roommates.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Why'd you get roommates?
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Because you were too busy being gay to move in with him and share your manlove
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Sorry man, I'm going to be in St. Louis that weekend. Wish I could be there.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Want to pick up that sink along the way?
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

cobcob wrote:Because you were too busy being gay to move in with him and share your manlove
Hahahaha.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Want to pick up that sink along the way?
Can do. I'll be leaving for St. Louis on Thursday, March 11th.

testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

Damn, I keep wanting to finally attend one of these things, so I can put some faces to silly names (heh), but that's my little girl's birthday. Have fun - the 30s theme sounds like fun, too.

:)
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Yay, talked to Willard and he now CAN attend the event! He is also donating a ton of his stuff for decorations. WR better be there.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Underdog wrote:Yay, talked to Willard and he now CAN attend the event! He is also donating a ton of his stuff for decorations. WR better be there.
The items are on loan... :D

cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Am I needing to pony up my thumping sound system that we used at Kitter's place for Scott's "Welcome Home" party or do you queers have that covered?
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

cobcob wrote:Am I needing to pony up my thumping sound system that we used at Kitter's place for Scott's "Welcome Home" party or do you queers have that covered?
Well we could but I'm not sure if blasting 30's music would have the same effect as blasting nowadays music..lol. I have a sony surround for the living room. I'd imagine that would be loud enough. Of course, that wouldn't cover the back porch. Of course, my neighbors are a little closer to me than Kits. I'd say I prolly have it covered but thanks anyways.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

OK Cob, forget what I just said above. Bring your sound system. Please come at least a half our early to have everything set up. Do you have any good dance music? I'd say 30's music will get old quick so after an hour or so of it we'll switch to newer stuff.