Rolla, MO??

Urban exploration in Missouri
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Rolla, MO??

Post by Nicotti »

That solid goldness must really inhibit the exploring process, what with it's rigidity. Unless one turns into liquid gold, but that would require such a temp that most wooden structures would catch fire. So should we be looking for a magical charred window? Or a magical window with many golden statues of people on the floor just inside of it?
Last edited by Nicotti on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Rolla, MO??

Post by SubLunar »

I call dibs on any golden lady boobs residing therein.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Did some one just say something??????????????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Re: RE: Rolla, MO??

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

SubLunar wrote:I'm an asshole
Nicotti wrote:I'm an asshole
Fuck each one of you more than the other.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Damn, I immediately recognized it was CANTEX, but y'all beat me to it. :(
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

well, you got vaginitis and then left Rolla.
Though, was that place closed when you left? Or did it close just before? I think it shut down in 2009.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

If he went he could've had a golden vagina.

-Ayn Rand
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

that could have happened if he'd just squeezed through that window. You see the paradox here...
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Mind = Blown
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Golden vaginas were the last thing I could have possibly expected to arise in the conversation after I posted that image. You guys rock.
Preservation over plunder.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

SubLunar wrote:Mind = Blown

SONIC
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
michaeljw12
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by michaeljw12 »

So... please tell me you guys have all explored the backside of autozone. Its easily the coolest abandoned structure in the Rolla area. Its a huge indoor storage area filled with military vehicles including a tank, a datsun 240z I believe and just tons of old military and industrial stuff. One area has 15 or so diesel engines chained to the celing that look like they weigh at least a ton a piece. Rumor has it that its actually owned by Warren Dean but I can't confirm or deny. Anyone check it out yet?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

mindwaave wrote:Golden vaginas were the last thing I could have possibly expected to arise in the conversation after I posted that image. You guys rock.
Oh I don't know about the last thing, I'm sure there are other things we could come up with that you wouldn't think of before a golden vagina.

-Ayn Rand
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

michaeljw12 wrote:So... please tell me you guys have all explored the backside of autozone. Its easily the coolest abandoned structure in the Rolla area. Its a huge indoor storage area filled with military vehicles including a tank, a datsun 240z I believe and just tons of old military and industrial stuff. One area has 15 or so diesel engines chained to the celing that look like they weigh at least a ton a piece. Rumor has it that its actually owned by Warren Dean but I can't confirm or deny. Anyone check it out yet?
Yup, Panic and I've gone twice. I took two friends there over the summer and almost got arrested. Hid from the cop for 30+ minutes... Still not sure how we got found out, but it might have been a certain neighbor. I haven't put my pictures up yet, but you're correct about all the cool stuff down there. You're also right about the owner; GIS says it's "LAHONTAN LLC Warren Dean," although I've never heard of him or the company. When I went last, the opening into the storage area had been (poorly) covered up with sheet metal, only to have pentagrams sprayed on it by the local kids. I understand the owner's desire to keep people from vandalizing/thieving his interesting stockpile, but this place supposedly was never a problem to get into until last summer. Ah well. And by the way, welcome to the forum.
Nicotti wrote:Oh I don't know about the last thing, I'm sure there are other things we could come up with that you wouldn't think of before a golden vagina.
Prove it :P
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

michaeljw12 wrote:So... please tell me you guys have all explored the backside of autozone. Its easily the coolest abandoned structure in the Rolla area. Its a huge indoor storage area filled with military vehicles including a tank, a datsun 240z I believe and just tons of old military and industrial stuff. One area has 15 or so diesel engines chained to the celing that look like they weigh at least a ton a piece. Rumor has it that its actually owned by Warren Dean but I can't confirm or deny. Anyone check it out yet?
The car:

A tunnel hidden in the foliage:

Lots of random shit:

Cool stuff in there.

If I remember what I was told correctly, Dean was a supply sergeant or something for the Army in his day, and just stockpiled random shit, occasionally selling a few things but mostly hoarding shit. We've tapped into his cache and there are many weird and wonderful things to behold.

Not sure why Mindwaave had such difficulties getting in last time. Each time I've gone, I've found that once you get into the back area with the trucks, you're golden. Literally golden. Literally. For realz.