Northern Missouri Exploration

Urban exploration in Missouri
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Northern Missouri Exploration

Post by adventure418 »

While living in Springfield I've fallen in love with caves but am spending a couple weeks in my hometown in northern Missouri. I know there are very minimal cave in there area but does anyone know of interesting places to explore above Kansas City or Columbia?
gnomad1
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Northern Missouri Exploration

Post by gnomad1 »

Rainbow Basin Ski Resort immediately comes to my mind for Northern Missouri. Some quick interweb searching can put you on it pretty quickly.

There are also a couple cool abandoned bridges around Columbia and KC. bridgehunter.com can help you out there.
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Northern Missouri Exploration

Post by adventure418 »

gnomad1 wrote:Rainbow Basin Ski Resort immediately comes to my mind for Northern Missouri. Some quick interweb searching can put you on it pretty quickly.

There are also a couple cool abandoned bridges around Columbia and KC. bridgehunter.com can help you out there.
Never heard of the resort but its only 45 minutes from my house so I will totally have to check it out
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Northern Missouri Exploration

Post by Nicotti »

Got to watch out for bears around ski resorts, they’re a crafty lot when it comes to hunting skiers.

More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Northern Missouri Exploration

Post by the_p0ssum »

Here's from 2013. Looked to be in pretty rough shape back then but is kind of cool in how isolated it appears.