Large mansion near Branson

Urban exploration in Missouri
overslept
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Large mansion near Branson

Post by overslept »

I was doing my usual google map scanning while at work and I noticed a large mansion near Branson that seemed quite untouched and in the early ages of decay. From what I can learn it was Robert Plasters (a crooked business man/ politician) house. I can give more details but I'm a bit worried that the location will be blown before I even have a shot to head that way and check it out. Was hoping maybe someone from that area could give me more info! Thanks.
we lost out here
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Large mansion near Branson

Post by Nicotti »

Plaster tried to create his own private village out there so he could govern it however he wanted. But failed to get it incorporated

It looks like the house and property are still owned by his trust or Evergreen, so I'm guessing there's probably a security system if the house is not in use.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
overslept
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by overslept »

Nicotti wrote:Plaster tried to create his own private village out there so he could govern it however he wanted. But failed to get it incorporated

It looks like the house and property are still owned by his trust or Evergreen, so I'm guessing there's probably a security system if the house is not in use.
Ah seems like I may just have to test that theory out someday, if only I could find a drop off and extraction point. I wonder if I could use the lake itself. (P.S. I've been lurking on this forum for a while but figured it'd be worth it to make an account finally.)
we lost out here
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by the_p0ssum »

overslept wrote:I was doing my usual google map scanning while at work and I noticed a large mansion near Branson that seemed quite untouched and in the early ages of decay. From what I can learn it was Robert Plasters (a crooked business man/ politician) house. I can give more details but I'm a bit worried that the location will be blown before I even have a shot to head that way and check it out. Was hoping maybe someone from that area could give me more info! Thanks.
Here's a 1991 article with some details. Would be very cool to get inside.
overslept
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by overslept »

the_p0ssum wrote:
overslept wrote:I was doing my usual google map scanning while at work and I noticed a large mansion near Branson that seemed quite untouched and in the early ages of decay. From what I can learn it was Robert Plasters (a crooked business man/ politician) house. I can give more details but I'm a bit worried that the location will be blown before I even have a shot to head that way and check it out. Was hoping maybe someone from that area could give me more info! Thanks.
Here's a 1991 article with some details. Would be very cool to get inside.
Fascinating I've not been able to find any recent news about it so I'll be looking to do some more... in person investigations haha
we lost out here
wildman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wildman »

I did some digging with friends at the Corp of Engineer. They said do NOT go near this place. Empire has a security system as well as armed guards.

Rangers have to notify Empire if they are gonna go ashore or dock near it.
"I can fix or break anything - it's leaving things alone I have the problem with."
wildman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wildman »

It is indeed a fortress. And magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdaxgLwIrU
"I can fix or break anything - it's leaving things alone I have the problem with."
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Wow, crazy to see. I do recommend watching the video at 1.5 speed tho to move things along.
overslept_
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by overslept_ »

Saw a house tour of this place on a big youtubers channel, suppose this place is really blown up to the public.
new account to overslept. not good at forums. SEMO based.