Smallen Cave Update

Urban exploration in Missouri
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Smallen Cave Update

Post by Mike Jones »

I read a post about Smallen Cave a while back. Everyone seemed to think it would be a good try for someone. Smallen Cave is located northeast of Riverside Restaurant in Ozark, MO. It is on the grounds of a Baptist Church camp. The road front of the camp has a large fence with barbed wire at the top. I thought we might as well give it a good try. We discovered that the large fence only goes around the front of the camp. Best entry to the camp is from the south and yes this cave is spectacular. The entrace is almost 6 stories high and just as wide. We traveled almost 1 mile into the cave without any problems. We turned around because the only way through was on our hands and knees and we had to cross a muddy pit. Someone should try and see if this cave comes out.

You will need knee pads, elbow pads and decent lights. We just carried a couple Mini Mag Lights. Someone could have lots of fun doing this because I read that it comes out in a sinkhole somewhere north of the entrance. The compass said the same.

Good luck to all who try and make sure you pick a good night soon. Sorry no pics maybe some other time.
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Smallen Cave Update

Post by Mike Jones »

Her'e s the pic
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

hey, i cant see the pic.

however, thanks for the info. it sounds like a really cool cave. I think i read a post about it somewhere in the internet. theres pictures of it on a link from the OHG website, too.

have you heard how long it actually goes??
I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Re: RE: Smallen Cave Update

Post by bluecookies »

RaccoonCC wrote:theres pictures of it on a link from the OHG website, too.
whats the OHG website?
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Mike Jones »

I heard it travels almost 1.5 miles, but I'm too big to manuvuer the entire thing and didn't have the right equipment either. Someone should see if this thing still comes out through the original sinkhole
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Is that Camp Sunrise or whatever? If so I've been to that cave and to the smaller one before it that used to have lights in it. The smaller cave is prettier in the back though wear old shoes or boots and had a flashlight because it's muddy but the big room in the back has some pretty formations if I remember right. That is if this is the place I'm thinking of.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Mike Jones »

Yeah that's the same one. I wanted to talk about a rumor I heard. I heard that someone got charged with felony trespassing because this place was historical. I didn't even know there where such a thing as felony trespassing. Can anyone verify this?
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Depending on if it considered a historic land mark, or a government building,

Also something, like doling cave where it is gated for the protection of an animal or the cave it-self.

If you trespassing endangers someone,on a protected enviroment, or Government property it is very serious. Especialy now with the Patriot Act. If you are caught tresspassing on or near a government building, you are automaticly a suspected terrorist.
----------This space for rent----------