Caves in Truman Lake

Urban exploration in Missouri
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Caves in Truman Lake

Post by colt45 »

I was talking to a guy that used to cave and he said there used to be caves over by truman lake but when they put the dam up and flooded the river it flooded the caves, does anyone know what i am talking about?
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Caves in Truman Lake

Post by RaccoonCC »

scuba gear....GO!
I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Caves in Truman Lake

Post by colt45 »

Another RACCCC adventure!!! exciting
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Caves in Truman Lake

Post by piplnr65656 »

I think there is also a town or two under truman lake also. There are 2 towns under table rock lake aslo. I have only been to the one by the kimberling city bridge and the submerged bridge. The submerged bridge is cool but it is coverd in fishing line to get tangeld in. The town is not realy a town but a small group o houses.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Truman lake isn't deep enough to have any towns flooded. If so, the buildings were removed before the lake was flooded. I don't think the deepest part is deeper then about 10 ft. 20 ft at best.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Caves in Truman Lake

Post by White Rabbit »

piplnr65656 wrote:I think there is also a town or two under truman lake also. There are 2 towns under table rock lake aslo. I have only been to the one by the kimberling city bridge and the submerged bridge. The submerged bridge is cool but it is coverd in fishing line to get tangeld in. The town is not realy a town but a small group o houses.
Oasis is the other one, right?

Some day, when this site has made me fabulously wealthy... ... ...

Yeah, some day, I'm totally gonna learn to scuba dive just so I can put Oasis on this site, even if there's hardly anything left down there.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

I'm sure there were all kinds of things where the man made lakes such as Truman and Lake of the Ozarks are now. I'm sure much of it just got flooded over.
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

piplnr65656 wrote:I think there is also a town or two under truman lake also. There are 2 towns under table rock lake aslo. I have only been to the one by the kimberling city bridge and the submerged bridge. The submerged bridge is cool but it is coverd in fishing line to get tangeld in. The town is not realy a town but a small group o houses.
Where is the submerged bridge? Any pictures?

I wonder if there is a website somewhere that lists lakes that are being drained for maintenance or what not. They drained a lake (Irons Fork) near Mena about 15 years ago. There's not much under this small lake, but a large lake that is mostly drained would be a great place to explore.
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

I found a picture of the old bridge:

http://www.wildernessroadfestival.com/i ... bridge.jpg
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

bugo wrote:
Where is the submerged bridge? Any pictures?

I wonder if there is a website somewhere that lists lakes that are being drained for maintenance or what not. They drained a lake (Irons Fork) near Mena about 15 years ago. There's not much under this small lake, but a large lake that is mostly drained would be a great place to explore.
The submerged bridge is next to the kinberling city bridge and a group of houses. The reason tablerock has the submerged towns and hpuses is because the lake filled much faster than was expected. They were expecting it to take 10 years and it filled in like 3
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Three months I always heard. Suppose I'll have to look into it.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

gimpface wrote:Three months I always heard. Suppose I'll have to look into it.
Yes I can't remember the exact numbers but it was a lot less than they expected.
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

It wasn't 3 months. :lol:
I used to dive the old bridge back when I still drove in Table Rock. The "houses" are down stream at the next point. Not much of them left. Rock foundation is about all. The good news is that when the water is low in the summer you don't need to be a diver to see them.
JBSlarti
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Caves in Truman Lake

Post by JBSlarti »

Truman's a lot deeper than 10-20 feet in some places. My grandparents retired down there and we've spent a lot of time on that lake with a depthfinder.

There are at least a couple towns buried under the water, according to the locals, and I've seen some of the roads and bridges under the water.

Smithville Lake, up by Kansas City, also has a town under it.
djarum101
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by djarum101 »

i must agree... truman is fairly deep in sum places. there is a few caves on the osage arm i know of for sure. 1 u can see from the bridge on highway 13, but every1 warns me it is full of cotton mouths. there is also a man made cave that is huge with pillars and stuff in an abondoned quarry in the area on the lake. its pretty cool but there is a lot of party traffic.