Crystal Cave

Urban exploration in Missouri
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: Crystal Cave

Post by Scout »

Monkeyman that is one of the coolest things I've read in this forum. I'm in Joplin quite a bit and WILL check it out. I was thinking this must be pretty close to the old middle school that's still operable over there. What's the factory in the background of your pic?
"That old hag hates my ass."
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

the pipe is a massive entrance? It said the place was filled with water again.. and the pipe was the only way to film it... so unless you were a cave diver capable of getting yourself and equipment down a pipe i dont know how you would get in... or did i miss something?
Kit wrote:I am old
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cousin »

Not quite the massive entrance everyone is expecting, look at my post on the previous page for more about the only current entrance

ARLT1YJ
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by ARLT1YJ »

That's cool, people are parking above one of the largest discovered geodes in the world...

:roll:
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

RE: Crystal Cave

Post by MONKEYMANN »

Where is the one at 15th and Main suppose to be????
They just tore down the old bank/4-state A/V that had that fire.
I remember that when they did that, there were some arched doorways that could be seen on the back side of the hole where the building was...my friend that works for the city said that they were kind of part of a box sidewalk back in the day....never really knew where they went because I didn't know they were there before the building was tore down...which was a shame...because I grew up accross the street from they family that owned 4-state A/V and they would have totally let me check the basement out.
So where is the cave at 15th and Main suppose to be...I've never heard of it!
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Re: RE: Crystal Cave

Post by cousin »

MONKEYMANN wrote:Where is the one at 15th and Main suppose to be????
They just tore down the old bank/4-state A/V that had that fire.
I remember that when they did that, there were some arched doorways that could be seen on the back side of the hole where the building was...my friend that works for the city said that they were kind of part of a box sidewalk back in the day....never really knew where they went because I didn't know they were there before the building was tore down...which was a shame...because I grew up accross the street from they family that owned 4-state A/V and they would have totally let me check the basement out.
So where is the cave at 15th and Main suppose to be...I've never heard of it!

viewtopic.php?p=69209#69209