Hey guys, Neosho dude here!

Urban exploration in Missouri
StaringBack
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Hey guys, Neosho dude here!

Post by StaringBack »

So I'm from Neosho, MO (just south of Joplin) and I thought I'd share some cool places that I have either been to, or have heard about. First, is this old school/camp between Neosho and Joplin. If anyone knows where the UnderCliff Cafe is, it's on the same road towards the village of Saginaw. Supposedly a crazed old man went up to the school and murdered some kids a while back. Whether that's true or not I have no idea, I haven't been able to find any documentation on it. I have been in it though and it's very spooky. Some friends and I went in there late at night a few months ago and it seemed to be abandoned with cotts and bunk-beds everywhere. Everytime I'm coming home from Joplin at night though I take this way home because once in a while you'll be able to see a light on the very top floor on. Second is the Big Spring Park caves. When I was in 4th grade (I'm 17 now), there was a lot of stuff going on with new findings down there and I remember going there with my mom to see them. There really wasn't much of anything special to see, most of it was full of boulders and whatnot but apparently they found tons of Civil War stuff in there. Last, the Brass Eagle caves have always been interesting to me. They're off of Lime Kiln road on the north side of town here in Neosho. The main cave is used as headquarters for BE but my dad told me that there are TONS of other caves in that general area that would be awesome to explore. That's it for now. Thanks for taking the time to read this and if anyone wants any further detail, hit me up!
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: Hey guys, Neosho dude here!

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Man that sounds like something worth checking out. Pm me an lets discuss this further.
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
mouse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Hey guys, Neosho dude here!

Post by mouse »

I lived in Neosho for a short time. There are caves all over that town. They were used during the Civil War to transport soldiers. I've even heard that there are still cannons down there. The caves were also used during WWII as a party place for those who were stationed at Camp Crowder.
squadcar
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Hey guys, Neosho dude here!

Post by squadcar »

StaringBack wrote:First, is this old school/camp between Neosho and Joplin. If anyone knows where the UnderCliff Cafe is, it's on the same road towards the village of Saginaw.
That is probably Sagmount Bible Camp (not sure of spelling - Sagamont, Sagmont, something like that). The main building was originally built as a private hunting lodge, then it was later used as a hotel. The camp is still in use, as far as I know.
StaringBack
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Hey guys, Neosho dude here!

Post by StaringBack »

squadcar wrote:That is probably Sagmount Bible Camp (not sure of spelling - Sagamont, Sagmont, something like that). The main building was originally built as a private hunting lodge, then it was later used as a hotel. The camp is still in use, as far as I know.
That would explain the light being on, although the place still creeps me out :D.