Winoka Lodge

Urban exploration in Missouri
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Winoka Lodge

Post by Violent Ray »

Where are the Springs at ive been there twice and still not able to find them.
Lions and tigers and Vampire Tunnels Oh My!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Winoka Lodge

Post by Willard »

One comes out from teh side of the hill where the pools are, those are over down from the big ass fallen tree that lays across the path. You reach the other spring I believe by following the stream that feeds the pond up it's course. I'm not really sure on that because I've never actually followed it.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Winoka Lodge

Post by Sertile »

There are caves all over the place up there. I don't know how you could miss them! There's a whole big area full of little cement ponds connected with pipes and waterfalls, all of which are spring-fed. I think it's actually the largest spring in Greene Co. Just don't drink from it.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
kc0uxr
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by kc0uxr »

Wondering if anyone can give me some directions to Camp Winoka? I know the approx location....just need something more specific if I can get it.
?????
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

kc0uxr wrote:Wondering if anyone can give me some directions to Camp Winoka? I know the approx location....just need something more specific if I can get it.
?????
Ok, first I don't intend this to sound rude but for confusion sake, it's Winoka Lodge. It was never called camp which implies it was the place where girl scouts got murdered... which never happened here.

Now that that is out of the way, the directions, take US 60 going to Rogersville. To the south of the road is the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame. Turn off of US 60 and take the road that goes behind it. Follow this road until you come to a 'Y' and go right. The original main road is blocked at the bridge and there is a turn off going left. Park near the bridge, the gates to Winoka Lodge are on your right.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile wrote:There are caves all over the place up there. I don't know how you could miss them! There's a whole big area full of little cement ponds connected with pipes and waterfalls, all of which are spring-fed. I think it's actually the largest spring in Greene Co. Just don't drink from it.
From what I read, Winoka Lodge used to have the biggest spring in Greene County, which was called Big Boiling Spring. But, that spring is now under Lake Springfield.