Western Town Tourist Traps

Urban exploration in Missouri
junkamunka
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Western Town Tourist Traps

Post by junkamunka »

[color=darkred][/color][size=18][/size]We lived at POCO LOCO western town for 1 year until it was sold to the KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS in 1997 :lol: . I believe they have fixed up the banquet hall for rentals. Still located @6004 Antire Rd, High Ridge,MO
ironbackdraft
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ironbackdraft »

Poco Loco Western Town

My Grandpa, Bill Bobbitt, was the original owner and builder of Poco Loco. The name stood for "a little crazy western town". The town as many remember it is no longer there. It was very sad watching what took him a lifetime to build, be destroyed in only a few years. Maintance on the buildings was neglected and the elements got the best of most of them. Only a few of the buildings are still standing. The town was truly one of a kind and represented the passion my Grandpa had for history. It is GREAT to see someone talking about it! If you have any questions, just ask.
wkb123123
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wkb123123 »

Sadly, there is no longer any trace of GNJ.
The upgrades of the highway have removed any scars that were left in the ground from the train tracks, the foundations were scraped away, and all that remains are the memories that us older folks carry from when we were kids back in the glorious early-to-mid 70's...