Times Beach, MO in St. Louis County

Urban exploration in Missouri
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Times Beach, MO in St. Louis County

Post by White Rabbit »

The post about the contaminated town in Texas made me think of Times Beach. It was a dioxin-contaminated town that was evacuated and abandoned in 1982.

I know that the site is currently a huge bird sanctuary, but does anyone know if the buildings of the town were left standing there? Times Beach had over 2,000 people, so if they left the buildings, there should be LOTS of them.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

RE: Times Beach, MO in St. Louis County

Post by ropingk »

Well I hate to disagree but Times Beach is just up the road from Pacific and I drive by in all the time---First there is no bird sanctuary,not in Times Beach, also after the big flood they came in a tore down all the houses the took big dozers and dug up the first 1 foot of the soil and burned it in the giant inceneator, then they replaced it The old roads are still there, and now it is a Big park it is set up for running ,biking and as hard to belive as it is it is set up to Ride Horses, I have a few friends that lived there we went riding up there last year they tryed to find there old house or where it would be but couldnt, it is don up real; nice but most of us belive it was nothing more than a plan by the goverment to get the land away from the people who owned it ,it was in a flood plane and it was a insurance nightmare and the strange thing is that the other side of the river was totaly unaffected?????????--
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Hey White Rabbit the bird thing is a big Tyson reasearch Center outsidde Antire and it is big it has all kinds of Birds of Prey it has wolfs, it has a huge center that actually has armed guards that walk the preminter, They have a public walk through once a year other than that it is One place that is OFF LIMITS
Also there is a old Army test range that is now called Lone Elk Park it is open to the public it is free and it is way cool they have Elk deer Bision Old bunkers that have who knows what in they have a education center any way just thought you might want to know itis a cool place
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Weird... I don't know if there's bad info floating around or what, but every site I've checked says there's a bird sanctuary and a 409 acre park on the site of Times Beach. Either way, that sucks that the buildings aren't there anymore. I would've totally been up for exploring a polluted ghost town :)
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

You are right it is a 409 acre park and after work todat I went up and drove through what is left,there are a couple big buildings and some of the people i was talking to said they do have something to do with birds, I will try to go back tomorrow and see what I can find out,but I know for sure that all the homes are gone However there is a real cool looking old resturant or something like that building on the old road if I can i will find out what it is
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

On a quick note I wsa working for a Printing Ink company down in St Louis and we used castic water to clean our tanks, after a few months the custic was to weak to use so we pumped it into a big metal holding tank The waste hauler we used was Russle Bliss--the same guy that was paid by the town of Times Beach to spray week killer and road oil on there streets( the oil was said to contain the dixon) then a few years later I mover to a farm in St James Mo and was at a tire store when in walked Russle Bliss he had served his time and was living in a almost mansion size house outside Cuba Mo. he still lives there he has Bison and Texas Long Horns and a classi used car sales,He still says that what he sprayed in Times Beach was the same stuff he sprayed all over but that was the only place that was "CONTIMENTED" make you wonder
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Cool. Let us know what you find.