Camelot in Blue Eye, MO is going bye-bye

Urban exploration in Missouri
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Camelot in Blue Eye, MO is going bye-bye

Post by White Rabbit »

I caught on KY3 today (although I can't find a link online) that Camelot, the former renaissance theme park in Blue Eye, is about to be turned into a 400 acre development. This development will also include, I shit you not, a recording studio (I think a recording studio is what I heard) for Jim Bakker. You know, the evangelist that does the live show in Branson.

Son of a... Anyway. I've noticed the dozers and equipment there lately, but they haven't seemed to have torn anythign down yet. I'll probably go and ask if I can take some pictures before they rape the place. If they say no, I'll probably get more pictures anyway :)
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

RE: Camelot in Blue Eye, MO is going bye-bye

Post by tyler »

It's a lot more than that. It's a Christian-Only development. Jim Baker pulled this in another state, a Christians-Only development...the entire thing went bankrupt after he stole all of their money. He was sued, went to jail...so now he's going to do it in Missouri because these stupid blind people are going to let him. A man with a cross on his business card can do no wrong.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Weird, I didn't know that. How do they regulate that? Do they make you sign a screwy letter of commitment and have some kind of home owners association that throws you out if you get caught breaking the commandments? :P
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I knew Jim Baker was a shisty guy... he's twords the top of my list of people I don't like. I also knew about his previous "problems." Funny thing, I have a fake application for a gun licence in Green County and it says on there "Did you ever give money to Jim Baker?" Of course there's some other stuff on the application that are pretty funny.... anywho... that is not right... he's going to lead those "good" people of Branson like lambs to the slaughter... Oh well, it's like limmings. They know they're going to be jumping off a cliff but that doesn't seem to keep them from following each other.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I saw that on the news too. I was gonna say something, but apparently you guys beat me to it. It's too bad I guess, but it might be interesting in the long run. At least you got Camelot documented before it was lost to the ages.
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Watcher »

Is that the same Jim Bakker that is the ex-husband of that *thing* that called itself Tammy Faye? I thought he went away a long time ago. I guess a bad penny just keeps on turning up.
"Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life flash before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."
- Spike, "BTVS"
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, Tammy Faye. He went to jail for a while, but I'm pretty sure he's out now.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

He went to jail after stealing the money from everyone in a community back east, a community just like the one he's building here.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Well it was a Lot more than a little comunity---He was the founder of Heartiage USA it was a place that was suposed to be a great place for kids and parents get away to,Kind of a small amusement park retreat setting.
I am sure most will disagree but in the Very begining i think Jim and Tammy probaly ment well, it was that it got so big so fast and like it or not with the Television station and everything they had going it was The Big Thing in the Gospel Circles and Jim and Tammy were the Leaders, but then like a lot of Evanglist he let Moeny and all that power blind him to what he was suposed to be doing (sometimes they forget who it is that is really important)
The rest is pretty much history he was convicted,Heartage U.S.A was sold and turned into something else and now I guess if this is him he is starting another phase of his life
Has anyone really found out if this is the same Jim Baker??? The last time i saw him on T.V. he was looking Old
Anyway if it is him it should be intresting
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

It's the same Jim Baker. He has a television show in Branson.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

yah it's him....i was actually in this christian metal band (yah.it's funny..i know)....that played at his studio in branson a few times.......

..that arrangement didn't last long...he was a pretty decent guy though..he's supposed to be trying to do right...

the camelot thing bums me out a little