TRAIN TUNNEL in Crane, MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

TRAIN TUNNEL in Crane, MO

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Does anyone know about the abandoned train tunnel in crane?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: TRAIN TUNNEL in Crane, MO

Post by ropingk »

where exactally is crane mo.??
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I don't know of any abandoned tunnels in Crane. Piplnr would, I would think.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

RE: TRAIN TUNNEL in Crane, MO

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I know that the tunnel is there it is not far from the tracks that are still there. Has anyone ever been to it? It was Burlington Northern track when it was in service.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: TRAIN TUNNEL in Crane, MO

Post by Willard »

FiReDiVeR wrote:I know that the tunnel is there it is not far from the tracks that are still there. Has anyone ever been to it? It was Burlington Northern track when it was in service.
Actually it would have been MoPac originally and I don't think Burlington Northern owned the tracks of the MoPac until well into the late 1980's. The only abandonded track near Crain that I know of is the old spur that used to wind up to Springfield which goes through Hurley, Clever, and Wilson's Creek. I checked some topo maps to see if the old abandoned spur had a tunnel marked on it and I looked all the way to Clever and found no indication in topographical terrain or any indicator that there was a tunnel.

Where exactly would this tunnel be located in relation to Crane and the tracks?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I'm very familiar with that line, Willard, it runs through my grand parents property north of Hurley, and over by my other gparents property by Quail Spur. No tunnels on that line. If there is a tunnel, I'm thinking would have to be closer to Galena/Elsey than Crane. I just really don't think there is a tunnel down there.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

BROUSER wrote:I don't know of any abandoned tunnels in Crane. Piplnr would, I would think.

:shock: I don't know a damn thing.

I don't know of any abandoned train tunnels around crane and I do know of the abandond rail bed that goes from Crane up through Hurley. I have four wheeled on it alot and we used to party on this old rail bridge abutment that was called the "slab". If there is a old tunnel near Crane I know who will know and I will call him later tonight.

Are you maby thinking of the tunnel off of Raily Creek road? between Galena and Reeds Springs
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Is the slab there on Crane Creek, I bet it's really called Eaton's Crossing, out by Quail Spur. Go past the Wickman garden place? There's a cave on the hill up across from Wickman. Small, narrow, but you can go back a long ways. If you don't mind wading. And your 17. And six foot tall and 130 lbs and limber.
― Ken Ham