Kingdom City

Urban exploration in Missouri
Collapsed Stylus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Kingdom City

Post by Collapsed Stylus »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, so I will start off with some pictures of my favorite spots.

I took these back in August which explains all of the plant growth.

Here are some night shots I took around midnight a few weeks back.

That's' about it for now, thanks for all of the interesting reads I've had here.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: Kingdom City

Post by GlassCurtain »

Nice pics. What city is this in? I can't read it on the water tower. :)

Welcome to the forum.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
Riggz13
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Kingdom City

Post by Riggz13 »

GlassCurtain wrote:Nice pics. What city is this in? I can't read it on the water tower. :)
Kingdom city? The subject title?
Collapsed Stylus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

What city is this in?
It's in Kingdom City which is about 22 miles east of Columbia on I-70 or about 30 miles north of Jefferson City via US 54.

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. The night time pics are my first attempt at using a long (15 second) exposure.
CasperMilkToast
Bearer of Man-Thong
Bearer of Man-Thong

Re: Kingdom City

Post by CasperMilkToast »

is that location north of Kingdom City going towards Mexico?

Speaking of Mexice, there are some badass houses up there.
The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams
Collapsed Stylus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

It's on old US 40 on the east side of Kingdom City. You can actually see the sign from HWY 54.

There's also a neat old 60s-ish gas station on the corner of 54 & old US40 that 'looks' abandoned, but, I'm not so sure anymore because I've been seeing cars parked near the gas station recently. Either way, here's a poor photo of it.

Also, if anyone plans on actually exploring the innards of the motel, my advice is try at night. There's a flea market across the road that is open for most of the day & a business of some sort next door that also seems to be active during the daytime.

As for Mexico, yes lots of neat old houses at least for as long as they can stay out of the path of the demolition-happy city government. They tore down a very cool house dating to pre-civil war times several months ago.
:(