Hailey Hollow Schoolhouse

Urban exploration in Missouri
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Hailey Hollow Schoolhouse

Post by slow_walker »

This is located several miles due east of Cassville, MO in Barry County. I tried to find information about this on the internet, but was unsuccessful. My family has always called this the Hailey Hollow (they say holler) schoolhouse and it is located in what they refer to as Hailey Hollow (holler). I know that I've been on hundreds of "drives" through Hailey Hollow - some just for fun, some just for beer.

I also know that my grandpa has some sort of history there, although I can't remember if he attended school there or taught school there. I didn't get a chance to ask him this weekend. I have no idea how old it is but I will be searching through my collection of Barry County history to see if I can find out.
Attachments
Picture 211-650.jpg
Picture 210-650.jpg
Picture 208-650.jpg
Picture 199-650.jpg
outside-650.jpg
outside windows-650.jpg
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Hailey Hollow Schoolhouse

Post by BROUSER »

I've been by there. I was backroading down to Roaring River. I didn't have a camera at the time, and I've never been able to remember how I got there. Good pics.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

thanks, it's actually pretty easy to find. Before I realized that taking pics of abandoned places was all the rage I used to go in this place all the time. In fact there were several occasions that me and my siblings would pack a lunch and eat inside on the floor. For 7 or 8 years now the place has been fenced off, so I just thought I would never be able to get in there again. But this weekend I discovered the fence wasn't very secure.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Hailey Hollow Schoolhouse

Post by junkman306 »

Where is it from Cassville? My whole family is from Shell Knob west to the state line.
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

head out of Cassville on 248 towards Jenkins and then take a right across from Oak Ridge, go 3 miles or so then take a left and you're headed down into the hollow. If you need more specific instructions, just PM me for road names and such.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Hailey Hollow Schoolhouse

Post by junkman306 »

Thats good enough. I'm going to Monett tomorrow to my grandma's and my fiancee is coming with me and I thought about taking her around the area. We might go out to Jolly Mill, but I don't know. It depends on how cold it is.