Cave north of Iconium Mo.

Urban exploration in Missouri
Versatile
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Cave north of Iconium Mo.

Post by Versatile »

A friend told me of a cave north of Iconium. What road you take i don't know. He said there is a bridge that crosses Hoegel Creek. Not sure of the spelling of the creek name. Follow the creek north about a mile. He told me unless the water was extremely high no flood waters would get in it. He also told me that there is a powerline rightaway that he used to follow north towards it. The right of way is on a ridgeline. All he remembers is that it is real big for awhile and the gets to narrow to go any further. He was just hunting at the time.
Pain is nothing more than fear leaving your body.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Cave north of Iconium Mo.

Post by junkman306 »

Where is Iconium?
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: Cave north of Iconium Mo.

Post by cobcob »

It's a bit East of the 13 / 82 intersection
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

No idea, but I'll look it up.
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

is this on private land? or conservation
Versatile
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Cave north of Iconium Mo.

Post by Versatile »

I have no idea who owns the land.
Pain is nothing more than fear leaving your body.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

We should find out so we can go.
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

I LOVE Scott's Iconium Store. We used to stop there before heading in to scout camp(which its right outside of) and then again halfway through camp we'd hike out to it. They have killer icecream but I think they're most known for their peach ice cream or something like that. Go in the summer. That's the only time they're open and it's well worth the trip. Make a day of it.
I don't know where to start.....
bobcat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bobcat »

Used to go to Bartle scout reservation too. The store in Iconium is known for their peach Nehi floats. As i recall, they were pretty good when i was twelve, but i think they would probably taste like crap to anyone other than a dusty boy scout.
ember
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ember »

and yet another bartle camper here

there's a ton of caves near Iconium. Scott's general store is open year round. But it's more an 8-4 type place and usually on weekends. Iconium is on C highway in St Clair county. The lake section is Horseshoe bend I believe

On caves:
There's one that's right below the point inside the camp, but it's mostly filled in and is really shallow.

There's one on a ridge above what's known as Debecker Hollow on topo maps. Also in the camp. It goes straight down and may be access controlled. I was at it last in 1999 and i remember a rope being a requirement. It's rather shallow I believe.

There's apparently even one via a long hike from the lake access in the camp on the other end of the camp's lake access inlet but don't quote me.

And that's just the three I know of off the top of my head.

Hogel's Creek is going to be on private land. It's out northeast of Iconium away from the lake. I located the creek on a map several years ago when looking at some old photos of the area.