Abandoned factory in Owensville?

Urban exploration in Missouri
bobcat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Abandoned factory in Owensville?

Post by bobcat »

By the way, Chris, i think that "yuppie fucktard" is one of the funniest insults i've ever heard.

i hope you'll understand that imitation is the highest form of flattery when i incorporate it into my daily vernacular.

cheers!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Abandoned factory in Owensville?

Post by ropingk »

thoese are probaly just old clay pits where the minerals have been mined out and they are now filled with water and some of them have some awesome cat fish in them we haev one on our farm i feed the fish and id say there is at least a 40-50 pound cat in ours might not be good to eat but fun to watch
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: RE: Abandoned factory in Owensville?

Post by the_p0ssum »

the_p0ssum wrote:Wow! I'm from the Beaufort area and can't believe the old North Star bar at 50/185 got mentioned! :)

Honestly, though, there's not much to see. I know the owner, and the guy who does odd jobs for him. The plan was to rehab the building into a bar/grill, but the county won't approve any permits. In fact, about all they'll permit, is it's demolition.

It's in pretty sad shape, and given it's proximity to Highway 50 [less than 5ft from the front door], and cops' penchant for hanging out at the Voss store across the street at night, there's a good chance of being spotted.

Years ago, the place was actually a general store, with a bar/restaurant on one side. It sort of evolved into a "shoot & stab" sort of joint, which closed down either in the late 80's or early 90's. Since then, some folks have lived in it, and it's been the scene of a few arrests.
As of mid-November 2019, they've razed the building. The roof was really starting to sag and and an addition on the East side had collapsed into the basement. Was looking really sad for the last 5yrs or so and now can RIP.