Vandals hit Crystal Caverns in Cassville, MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Vandals hit Crystal Caverns in Cassville, MO

Post by slow_walker »

I haven't been around the forums much lately so I'm catching up. Forgive me.

The Newsleader wrote an article in March of this year asking the public to help catch vandals who broke into Crystal Caverns in Cassville, MO and snapped off / smashed dozens of formations.
http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/l ... /25085309/

I grew up in the area and as a child I went there so many times I couldn't even begin to guess how many. All the area schools would take field trips there too. It was such an awesome little show cave. It doesn't say it in this article, but if I remember right it has the most unique types of formations than any other cave in Missouri. What a shame that as a kid I just took it for granted and didn't really study it and appreciate it like I should have. Hasn't been open to the public since the early 90's. What a shame.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Vandals hit Crystal Caverns in Cassville, MO

Post by RedRook »

Yeah, this came up before, but it really pisses me off too. I hope they get caught and the judge decides to include on a one time unique punishment. Maybe they could be hung upside down by the ankles for a night in a cave with a confused collection of bats unused to each other or their environment, then slap the wrist slap fine on them for good measure.