BLACK BASS LAKE DAM

Urban exploration in Arkansas
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

BLACK BASS LAKE DAM

Post by David Keetz »

So i went and checked it out and got a few pictures. The road is way bad and there are all kinds of no trespassing signs posted and there's a gate before you get to the dam but i went ahead and went on in. The dam definitely is big.
as far as a hatch that goes underground that somebody mentioned....i saw no such hatch. There is a building with a fence with barbed wire around the top near the dam with a sign on it...to be shown below.

umm.....i'm having a hard time loading pictures...HELP?@?@
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: BLACK BASS LAKE DAM

Post by White Rabbit »

Ooooo... I want to see this bad.

Are the pictures over 100k each? That's the file size limit on each individual picture. You might have to resize or dither them down a bit if they're too big.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

RE: BLACK BASS LAKE DAM

Post by David Keetz »

pictures:
Attachments
dam5small.jpg (53.57 KiB) Viewed 6928 times
dam
dam
dam4small.jpg (56.96 KiB) Viewed 6929 times
dam.....
dam.....
dam1small.jpg (61.6 KiB) Viewed 6929 times
the little offshoot in the middle has a gear and chain..(for letting water through?....) and is filled with water
the little offshoot in the middle has a gear and chain..(for letting water through?....) and is filled with water
dam3small.jpg (68.95 KiB) Viewed 6928 times
...is the hatch in this building? approx 30 yards from dam
...is the hatch in this building? approx 30 yards from dam
damnsignsmall.jpg (74.25 KiB) Viewed 6928 times
Last edited by David Keetz on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Man, that is friggin' sweet. I'm definitely gonna have to check that place out. I'd like to know what's up with that hatch thing, though, if it's there somewhere.

I always wanted to put a dam on this site, but that Homeland Security sign is a perfect example of why I probably never will. Because White Rabbit would probably get disappeared pretty fast if I did :P
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

yah...since it's a dam..i think technically it's government property .(maybe somebody can clear that up)......

there's more to explore at this site ; - )
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

now your in my (old) neck of the woods. my parents used to own sherwood court. right at the top of the hill. when i get up there next month, i'll show you guys all the cool stuff around there. there used to be more stuff there too. the dam was built in 1896 and used to be the eureka reservoir and source of all eureka's drinking water. there is a road to the right of the dam that leads to the back of the reservoir and there used to be a small pump station house.
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

in the third pic with the trees. there is a tree on the far right of the pic. the hatch is in this area. if your facing the dam from below, it is just to the left of center about 20 yards in front of the base of the dam. it may be covered up with stuff. i lived there for 14 years and found it on a trip back to visit, so it is definitely not easy to see. ill definitely meet up with you guys and show you some of the other cool stuff down there. just up from the reservoir is a pretty impressive cave i know of with some 'interesting' interior features.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i went back today, there were some people out behind the reservoir so i didn't go back there...
but your hatch is covered by a massive rock that would take at least four or five strong men to move. ...

so much for that....
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

hmmm. wonder why they just didnt lock it. and by people, do you mean city workers?

pm'ed you.