UE (ARKANSAS) Barbeque

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Static_Age
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

UE (ARKANSAS) Barbeque

Post by Static_Age »

I think this would be a great idea, and would be lots of fun.

we (anyone that wants to help) should start planning this.

etc...

To me the two places that would be lots of fun to have it would be: Hot springs (good for people in central arkansas)
or Eureka springs (good for people in NWA area) both have lots of places to explore, things to do and places to eat.

thats just my suggestion though.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed."
exconghost
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: UE (ARKANSAS) Barbeque

Post by exconghost »

Second the notion, i live close to eureka and have heard there are tunnels there, don't know where though :(
Lurking douchebag.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: UE (ARKANSAS) Barbeque

Post by GlassCurtain »

I think it's a great idea. Eureka would be pretty cool. Haven't been able to explore Eureka very much.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

I vote Eureka...
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

If you ever do, the top of the tower at Monte Ne would make a great spot.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i live in springfield but grew up in nw ar. and i would totally come to eureka for an ar. barbecue.
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Monte Ne would be a good place, but it'd have to be in or on the tower to really be interesting. It would be GREAT if we could have one on the roof (preferably with a large crowd of astonished onlookers), but I know from personal experience that I can't make it any further than the third floor without the rope ladder and WR's climbing prowess.

Dinosaur Land would also be an amazing place to have one, but I guess the neighbors keep a pretty good eye on the place. That big open space in the Eureka underground would also be good, but there's not a chance in hell of lugging enough stuff down those drains to get there, plus I'd worry about smoke wafting up into the theater.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

LOL yeah my parents went to Arlo Gutherie's concert in Eureka. They were looking around the basement of the theater. They asked one of the guys working security about the tunnel. He pointed right next to him and said, "Oh it's right here. I'm guarding it tonight." :)

My mom said that there used to be a girls school in eureka (the crescent hotel were their dorms) and they recruited a whole very poor basketball team to play for this very prestigious private school since they were very good. Anyway they practiced in the basement of the theater. They're renovating it now.

Sorry for rambling. I'm sure most of you already knew that but I just heard about it yesterday. My parents just bought a house in Eureka and there used to be a girls dorm in their back yard but it burned down. But there is still the big spiral slide/fire escape left though. My parents are looking more into the history of eureka since they heard that story. Hopefully their house is haunted. I'd sleep there everynight if it was. :)
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

Split
Personality
Personality

Post by Split »

Sertile wrote:That big open space in the Eureka underground would also be good, but there's not a chance in hell of lugging enough stuff down those drains to get there, plus I'd worry about smoke wafting up into the theater.
I would love to see pics of this if anyone has any.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

GlassCurtain wrote:My mom said that there used to be a girls school in eureka (the crescent hotel were their dorms) and they recruited a whole very poor basketball team to play for this very prestigious private school since they were very good. Anyway they practiced in the basement of the theater. They're renovating it now.
That's actually news to me! I knew about the girls school at the Crescent but I didn't know they held practice in the basment of the theater. Actually a friend of my mom's had a grandmother who grew up and died in Eureka Springs. I'll see if I can find the photo of the house she lived in. My dad has a celing fan from the 1920's that he took out of there when my mom's friend was going through all of her things after she died. (I even have a few pieces of furniture that she gave to us)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Willard wrote:That's actually news to me! I knew about the girls school at the Crescent but I didn't know they held practice in the basment of the theater. Actually a friend of my mom's had a grandmother who grew up and died in Eureka Springs. I'll see if I can find the photo of the house she lived in. My dad has a celing fan from the 1920's that he took out of there when my mom's friend was going through all of her things after she died. (I even have a few pieces of furniture that she gave to us)
Wow a ceiling fan from the 1920? Does it still work? I'd love to see the photo, actually any photos of eureka back in the day would be cool to see.

Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

GlassCurtain wrote:Wow a ceiling fan from the 1920? Does it still work? I'd love to see the photo, actually any photos of eureka back in the day would be cool to see.
My dad rebuilt it and has it at his lake house. As far as the photo goes, it's only a couple of years old. It was when DeeDee and I took a vacation there. I'm suprised I remembered the house because I hadn't been there since 1993 when my dad helped clean the place out so it could be sold.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile wrote:Monte Ne would be a good place, but it'd have to be in or on the tower to really be interesting. It would be GREAT if we could have one on the roof (preferably with a large crowd of astonished onlookers), but I know from personal experience that I can't make it any further than the third floor without the rope ladder and WR's climbing prowess.
I'm sure someone has an aluminum ladder. That's all we would need.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

RE: UE (ARKANSAS) Barbeque

Post by cobcob »

I've got a 7' folding aluminum ladder, that enough or do we need an extendable one?
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I have a 30 foot extension ladder.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham