Riggz...I got a ? for ya

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Levy Rat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Riggz...I got a ? for ya

Post by Levy Rat »

You had mentioned a story about a scout troup having an accident on Faulkner Lake. Do you know the location?

Thanks!
Riggz13
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Riggz...I got a ? for ya

Post by Riggz13 »

I heard the story from my parents so that's about all the information I have on it. I dunno if there's a place to put in a boat or if you just chuck it out there and pile in. I just got home from vacation I'll see if I can't dig up some more info on it.
Levy Rat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Levy Rat »

I'd appreciate it. I want to take some infrared pictures down there - that area would look really cool.
Riggz13
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Riggz13 »

I scoured the internet and came up with nothing. I tried the Arkansas Democrat Gazette's online archives but didn't get anything that way. They only seem to go back to '85. I have no clue when the drowning was though. I'm going back to Conway later this week, if I get a chance I'll try to stop by UCA's library and see if I can dig something up.
Ford Prefect
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Ford Prefect »

So you all know about the man made lakes in the old suburbs in NLR right? Down around McCain and Old Mill, bordered by Cherry Hill. Any way, during World War Two; there was a squad from a platoon based out of then Fort Pike, exercising amphibious landings out of a small boat, in full comabat gear. During these maneuvers, the boat was capsized, and most of the squad drowned. Cut to fifty years later; (about ten years ago) the lake water levels where low; in Lake 3 or 4. So some old timer goes out and finds a few remenents of combat webbing, rusted remains of a few M-4's a .30 cal machine gun, and and a couple of helmets. Archives of this can be found in in the Dem. O' Zette..
"Go where you think you want to go, do everything you were sent here for. Fire will and you hear that call, touch your hand to the wall at night." I'm a dork, and if you are a dork too, you just read some of my shit, don't get me wrong though!
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: RE: Riggz...I got a ? for ya

Post by cobcob »

Ford Prefect wrote:rusted remains of a few M-4's a .30 cal machine gun, and and a couple of helmets.
M4's from WWII? how's that work? The M4 is based off the M16 which certainly wasn't around during WWII
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Ford Prefect
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Ford Prefect »

Sorry stickler, I ment M-1 Garand, glad you noticed. Just for you, the M-4 is a modern take of the CAR-15; orginally manufactured by Armalite, which was a carbine version on the M-16 A-1 which was manufactured by Colt. Don't troll to split hairs, jackass.
"Go where you think you want to go, do everything you were sent here for. Fire will and you hear that call, touch your hand to the wall at night." I'm a dork, and if you are a dork too, you just read some of my shit, don't get me wrong though!
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: Riggz...I got a ? for ya

Post by cobcob »

Troll to split hairs? Get real... I don't to troll (except while fishing), I was pointing out something in the story that didn't make sense. If you don't have a problem posting inaccuracies then feel free.
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
xcathodex
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: RE: Riggz...I got a ? for ya

Post by xcathodex »

Levy Rat wrote:I'd appreciate it. I want to take some infrared pictures down there - that area would look really cool.
Levy - do you take infrared with film, or digital with a hoya R72 or equivalent?

i use the latter method; this is the murray park boat dock via IR: