Abandoned Apartment in Wichita, KS

Urban exploration in Kansas
drewtedlock
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Abandoned Apartment in Wichita, KS

Post by drewtedlock »

Hey everybody! I'm new to undergroundozarks, but I'm really loving it. I noticed the Wichita area is pretty much non-existent and had to rectify that.

Over several months, I went to an abandoned apartment building owned by Jackson Mortuary and slowly documented the small building inside and out. I have a collection of 59 photographs online at the following URL: http://flickr.com/photos/drewtedlock/se ... 226623499/

Unforunately, it was demolished this summer. I thought you guys still might find the pictures interesting. Let me know what you think!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Abandoned Apartment in Wichita, KS

Post by White Rabbit »

I like it. It's a nifty looking old building.
drewtedlock
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Abandoned Apartment in Wichita, KS

Post by drewtedlock »

It had really weird features (as I'm sure you noticed)! Midnight blue walls and ceiling in one room, bright red in another. The architecture was insane. One person door flanked by two garage doors on the first floor that took up the entire facade. I have to think it was a carriage house way back when. But there aren't any houses around it or anything. It's just full of mysteries. I'm excited because I contacted the people who own the mortuary and I'm going to try and get more information.