Wild West World in the Witchita area

Urban exploration in Kansas
BigDave73
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Wild West World in the Witchita area

Post by BigDave73 »

Does anybody know where this is place is at cant seem to find it on google maps.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: Wild West World in the Witchita area

Post by GlassCurtain »

This is all I could find:

From Wichita: I-135N to 77th Street North Exit (Exit 16).

Interesting place though. Never knew about it until now. Wonder if there's much left. It said they sold all the rides though. :(

Also says there are plans to reopen the site in 2009 so it might be active now. If you find it take lots of pics and let us know!

http://themeparks.about.com/od/findusth ... tWorld.htm
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
SweetTater78
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by SweetTater78 »

We drove past here a couple of weeks ago & all the rides are gone. If you look at Google Maps & find the Kansas Colesium & Wichita Greyhound Park, look right south of there.

Wild West World Inc
Address:‎
1301 E 77th N
Valley Center, KS 67147

I would look up the address of 7534 N. Hydraulic, Kechi, KS & go to street view...it doesn't show up on the aerial view.

There have been people that "bought" it but then you never hear anymore about it....Thomas Etheridge (the crook that developed this disaster) is in jail now after he fled Wichita and Kansas extradited him.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/15074631.html
Livin' in the ICT!
Maxzillian
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Maxzillian »

Wild West World is almost impossible to miss. Heading northbound on I-135 out of Park City, you'll see it to the East side of the road. Can't miss it. I've yet to scout the place out. It looks as though nothing is maintained at all at this point. For a while the grass was kept clean cut, but now I haven't seen a thing change in months.

Another place of interest in Wichita is Joy Land, however, being surrounded by neighborhoods and under a watchful eye it is harder to access. Thanks to vandalism it's not wise to try and sneak into the place.
What's the fun in making something simple?
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

I went by there last spring and it was totally closed down. Looked to me like entrance would be dangerous due to its location and the heavy poleece presence. I know that is like a challenge to some of y'all though. lol
"That old hag hates my ass."