Too many PM's!

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Too many PM's!

Post by Sertile »

Well, I just got 5 email notices all at once, claiming I had PM's waiting for me here. Turns out, I did not. Just thought you might like to know.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: Too many PM's!

Post by ann_marie »

I got all the emails from 3/4/05 until now all at once today. At one point I had 59 emails saying that someone had replied to a thread I was subscribed to. Someone's server had a burp, not sure if it was yours or yahoo??? Do you have Yahoo mail, Sertile?
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile's registered email on here isn't through Yahoo, so it looks like it was something on my end.

Did anyone else have this happen today...?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I'm on SMSU Bearmail. Probably just some kind of server thing. I was kind of worried something might've snapped in my computer, because I found out I had 13 viruses today.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Okay, I found the problem. One of the admins at Powweb restarted postfix (it's the thing that routes our board emails). Apparently, a lot of sites located on the same cluster as ours had emails from 3/4/05 until now get re-sent, and other wackiness.

So, yeah, hopefully this won't happen again since Powweb's aware of what happened. But, they're still having a few problems with postfix, so email from the board could be a little weird for a few days.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Happened to me as well. Unfortunately I'm so addicted that I went through almost all of them to make sure I didn't miss anything... :oops:
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I was going to say, when I got back online this evening after not being online all day, I got all these messages about all these posts! I was like Damn! Busy day posting! Then I find this... I'm disapointed :-(
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude