Netflix

You can talk about anything here
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Netflix

Post by White Rabbit »

I just signed up for Netflix, partly because of my raging Sopranos and anime addiction. Anyone else use it?
LadyDragonsblood
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Netflix

Post by LadyDragonsblood »

I am registered user at Netflix...but not for their premium service...I dont have a credit card...

So I just watch their free stuff....but I must say...the quality is very good on the free movies and tv shows...

or were you refering to their movie rental system?
LadyDragonsblood

"Come on now Alice, your probably making a meatloaf out of a hamburger" Sam "The Butcher" Franklin
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sirius »

i am a member of blockbuster's program like netflix and it's been great for us.
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

Yo im your man, I get netflix (3 at a time) and blockbuster (3 @ a time) both. About 9-12 movies a week. Netflix is a hare faster shipping than Blockbuster, but blockbuster give s you the 2 free instore rentals a month, which i use for games making them worth 5.99 a piece, which basically pays for the whole month of online. So if you regularly rent 2 games or more a month go with blockbuster, otherwise Netflix is the way to go.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Netflix

Post by White Rabbit »

atron wrote:Yo im your man, I get netflix (3 at a time) and blockbuster (3 @ a time) both. About 9-12 movies a week. Netflix is a hare faster shipping than Blockbuster, but blockbuster give s you the 2 free instore rentals a month, which i use for games making them worth 5.99 a piece, which basically pays for the whole month of online. So if you regularly rent 2 games or more a month go with blockbuster, otherwise Netflix is the way to go.
I'm really glad you chimed in. I'm actually trying both Blockbuster and Netflix right now, and I'm still in in my trial period. So, I've been really wanting to figure out which one is better or faster.

When I first joined, my first Netflix rentals took 4 days to get here. Blockbuster one of the movies took 3 days, the others took 4. I figure I shouldn't judge them on those, though, because it's all about how quick they can get more to me when I'm sending them back.

That coupon thing with Blockbuster is realy tempting, too, but I've noticed that Blockbuster doesn't have quite the selection that Netflix does. Plus, Blockbuster, when they sent my first movies, sent stuff out of order from my queue (even though it said available). So, I ended up with Disc 4 of a tv show, when I hadn't seen Disc 3 yet.

If you had to go with just one, which would you go with?
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

if you want a better selection then your right netflix is the way to go, they do seem to have a few more available than Blockbuster.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well, I'm at the end of almost two weeks with both of them, and Blockbuster is blowing Netflix right out of the water. They're getting movies to me in 2 days now, and receiving them in 2 days as well.

Netflix, on the other hand, is taking 4. Plus, I sent two discs of a show back to Netflix at the same time (dropped them in the mailbox together). One was received in 3 days. The other wasn't received for 6 frickin' days. That's garbage. I heard about their throttling policy, and I guess it's true.