AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

You can talk about anything here
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Post by Anne »

My fav on American Idol went tonight! Constantine!!!! :cry: And I did tear up. Scott should have gone http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article ... ews=186936 For this and the fact he sucks. I'm mad and not watching the rest of this season. :cry:

Sorry, had to vent.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Post by ann_marie »

What is the fascination with this show? Please tell me.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

[rant]

Apparently, it's sort of a voyeuristic thing, waiting for Simon to rag on someone for doing something he's not capable of. After all, those who can't do become critics of those who can do.

If you wanna hear someone bitch about people singing, gimme your number and I'll rant about the radio. At least then it's ranting about someone who legitimately sucks because they can't even be bothered to come up with something meaningful (or at least non-whiney) to sing about.

Better that than American Idol, which is essentially just a showcase for people who can't sing having their dreams of stardom crushed on national television, and for people who can sing being berated for doing what they're both good at and enjoy by someone who couldn't sing if his life depended on it.

Stupid smegheads, the lot of them. Reality TV should be banned, and everyone responsible should be shot in the knees, elbows, and have their vocal cords snipped. At least sitcoms dealt with real issues (occasionally) and were entertaining.

[/rant]
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

One good sitcom comes to mind... All in the Family...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I really don't know what the fascination is with it. I got into it the 2nd season. And usually find one or two people that I really like and root for. Usually the underdog. :) Personally I hate most reality shows but American Idol, I dunno, I just like watching it. It is funny to watch the judges and what they say because what they say does dictate how the show will go and who will win. Everyone seems to listen to them more than talent. Or "talent" however you look at it. But it still chapps me that this Scott is still on there! :x After the show is over, I dont' even pay attention to see who comes out with a new cd. But I really liked Constantine.
:(

Mindscape- I agree with the whole radio thing! It's been a long time for me since I've listened to it.

Well, now my Tuesdays until 8 are free! :)
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

All I need for radio is KSMU/NPR - 91.1 FM and KKLH - 104.7 FM... oh yeah and occasionally KTOZ 1060 AM

Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

what you dont listen to 560am?
Kit wrote:I am old
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

560 AM isn't really my cup of tea... The news seems to onesided kind of like Fox and I don't care for the late night programes either...

Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I don't think I even know how to turn on the radio in my car much less get AM. :? I might want to learn though in case there's a big storm with tornados coming and I don't know it. Radio might come in handy then. :)
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Give me the Simpsons and Doonesbury for my news, any day. They're more reliable and more equally biased against everyone than any of the news shows.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Well said Mindscape!
American Idol is Star Search with a pulse. I don't find Simon entertaining at all. He's a bore actually.
As for terrestrial radio, gave that up ages ago to Satellite radio. If I'm not in my car I'm listening to BBC Radio Scotland. :D

And Anne, you don't know how to get AM? wat??? :shock:
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Post by Anne »

ann_marie wrote:And Anne, you don't know how to get AM? wat??? :shock:
Lol, well, I'm sure if I punched around on all the buttons I could figure it out. But I've never had the desire to listen to AM so, nope. Kinda sad really, on my way to work tonight I'll try and figure it out though.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

So I figured out how to turn on the radio and get it to AM on my way to work. But now I can't get it back to my cd player, there's way too many on/off buttons. So I'm channel surfing and come to 1060 *? right station number?* and a Benny Goodman song was playing. I'm hooked to this station now. I love old time radio and music. Guess I don't need that big stack of cd's as much. :)
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

The comment that Simon's point is void because he "doesn't do" is ridiculous. If people like him didn't exist just because they don't sing or dance...then there would be no such thing as a record label, there would be no producers. It's a stupid comment.

The only way American Idol could stop being boring is if they publicly stone Paula.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

You should toon into KTOZ 1060AM's old time radio programes at 6pm or 6:30pm every week night... they play old radio shows such as The Shadow and some others that I can't think of right off hand.