Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Sunflower Ammunition Plant
View previous topic | View next topic  
adamanthea
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Overland Park, KS
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Very Happy Me and my spouse and daughter recently moved to the Kansas City area from a small town. A few years ago we lived in Topeka and I flipped through some channels and came across KTWU/PBS Sunflower Journeys and they had a segment on the Ammunition plant. I grew up fascinated by old buildings etc. but never was able to go exploring. We took Hwy 10 to Overland Park one day and I saw the water towers and immediately wanted to go sniff around. As you can probably tell, I still have not yet been able to get close to it Sad
mrdeadman1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

anyone been out there lately? went out a couple months ago in the dark, couldnt see well enough to move around much but did check out Richard's house and lake as well as what we thought were bunkers but turned out to be some kind of boilers. wanting to hit it again if anyone is interested in going with, I have a great way in.
SubLunar
insert name here
insert name here

Locations: St. Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

next time I go to KC, count me in.
adamanthea
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Overland Park, KS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Very Happy I would love a chance to go out there but it may be a while before I even get close to free time enough from the daily routine. Since it would be my first time, It would probably be better having people along that had been there before. I'll keep checking back.
mindwaave
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: Laint Souis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recent information?
jimmy111
0-99 Poster
Member for: 4 years, 2 months0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

The development people at Sunflower have leased the hunting and fishing rights to an outfitter organization that will be providing hunting opportunities and selling hunts at the Sunflower location beginning with the Turkey season in April. They will also be taking people fishing through the summer and there will be a lot of deer and waterfowl hunting during the fall. They will begin developing hunting stand locations and do quite a bit of work out there once the weather settles down. It is my understanding that anyone caught on the property for any reason will be held for the police and arrested. There will be increased patrols once the hunting actually begins. I would suggest not going out there for any reason - all of the safety concerns aside.
SubLunar
insert name here
insert name here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

True, but they can't really hold you until police arrive unless you're a willing subject. I'd be hightailing it.. What are they gonna do, shoot you?
mindwaave
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: Laint Souis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Damn. The tiniest possibility of getting permission would make it worth asking, but if there's no money in it, they'll likely just say no.
SubLunar
insert name here
insert name here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

true...
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Locations: The Lou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

So offer them some money. Wink
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Locations: St James Missouri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

or just go and do it
Cade
0-99 Poster
Member for: 1 year0-99 Poster

Locations: Kansas City

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Or just don't bother, if you're careful you can be in and out without issue. Just don't approach from the east, apparently that's where the cops are. My friend and I have explored the majority of the central structures and have a detailed map built of the buildings. It's a really cool place, PM me for tips, and be careful not to get caught.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5