Abandoned Hotel near Bridgeton, MO

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
kokonutfreaks
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Abandoned Hotel near Bridgeton, MO

Post by kokonutfreaks »

I went to this hotel two weeks ago and was very shocked, the place is very trashed. When arriving, I was approached by 3 police officers, I asked them if I could take a few photos and they all were very nice and said, "Sure, be my guest, just don't go inside, please."

So, I will warn anyone who goes here, police do guard this building, and I've also heard the hotel is full of cameras, not sure if that's true but, yeah. So, I walked around the place taking as many pictures as I could without going in, although, it was very temping to go in including that there were so many entrances all around, it's unbelievable.

Let me tell you, this place is eerie. Curtains blowing, doors opening and slamming shut, it's just a very horrifying place. Another thing I thought I'd mention is, this place is extremely moldy. You can just smell the mold just from walking around the place, you can also see it on the walls.

Here are a few photos I took while there, enjoy.

BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Abandoned Hotel near Bridgeton, MO

Post by BagHead727 »

I remember exploring that place a few years ago. It wasn't in terrible condition but had already been hit by scrappers and taggers even back then. Some of the rooms were perfectly complete and the beds were still made, etc. 'Twas good times

That reminds me, we used to have a mall right near there but it got demolished
aka "That Guy"
kokonutfreaks
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kokonutfreaks »

Wow, how cool, thank you for posting those pictures. Do you remember what year that was? Also, when you went, was it guarded by police?

This spring I'm going to try and go at night sometime, or wait until the city stops paying police to guard the place.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I wouldn't go at night because the place gets a lot of homeless people sleeping in there.

I went in 2013. It wasn't guarded back then but it has been for a year or two. Just be smart about where you park and don't be afraid to walk half a mile or more to get there
aka "That Guy"
tayonca
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Abandoned Hotel near Bridgeton, MO

Post by tayonca »

wow! I worked at that motel back in the 80's when it was a Holiday Inn. Moved away from the area, it was a shocker to see it run down.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Yeah this mall was only half trashed when I went last. The back portion was pretty fucked up but the front portion still had beds made and rooms looked untouched. Some of the worst mold I've ever breathed in was here, shit burned my lungs. Worth a visit once but not worth getting busted for so if there's cops hanging out I'd just drive on past.
puffy93
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by puffy93 »

Drove by this site yesterday and unfortunately is in the process of being demolished
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by BacktotheFuture4Life »

Those are some pretty cool photos. I hope it isn't getting demolished, because I wanna visit it sometime.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

BacktotheFuture4Life wrote:Those are some pretty cool photos. I hope it isn't getting demolished, because I wanna visit it sometime.
This place is definitely gone :(
Preservation over plunder.
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by BacktotheFuture4Life »

mindwaave wrote:
BacktotheFuture4Life wrote:Those are some pretty cool photos. I hope it isn't getting demolished, because I wanna visit it sometime.
This place is definitely gone :(
Aww... Kinda off-topic, but I recently watched a video of a guy exploring this massive tropical resort on an island in Japan, with everything still inside. It was kinda cool.
Mike0032
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Mike0032 »

I've got some photos somewhere of this place early last year. Place was mostly trashed, but as previously mentioned, some of the rooms were still fully furnished.

The sheets were covered in mold.