Geo Caching

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Geo Caching

Post by GlassCurtain »

Have you guys heard of this? My friend was telling me about this. It's pretty cool. People around the world go out and hide something like a box with a notepd for a log and a "treasure" (which is just random shit). They put the GPS Coordinates on www.geocaching.com .

When you go out and find the box you take something out and put something in and sign the log. It's pretty fun. Like a huge scavenger hunt.

Anybody else do this?
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Geo Caching

Post by RaccoonCC »

Mjames knows about it, he talks about it all the time, but I don't think he's done it.
I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

RE: Geo Caching

Post by GlassCurtain »

haha. Cool. I did a couple today. It was pretty fun. I definitely recommend it if you have a GPS and a some time to kill.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Yes or treasure maps. It is getting to be a very big thing. Some treasures have been unclamed for several years and have a few thousand dollars in them
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Awesome! Do you know where to get those teasure maps?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I've done this. It's pretty fun.
Robzilla
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Robzilla »

I've done it, it's pretty fun. Some of them you can even get without a GPS if you decode the clue and look for spoilers in the comments.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Geo Caching

Post by piplnr65656 »

Robzilla wrote:I've done it, it's pretty fun. Some of them you can even get without a GPS if you decode the clue and look for spoilers in the comments.
Yes the GPS ones are beginers. I did a big one in vermont that involved crossing lake champane into new york, sneaking into asible caisum after dark, rafting down the 45 mile an hour river threw the caisum, climbing up this big cliff ledge to a small overhang to take a picture of me next this spraypainted rock that was the treasure :D A friend of mine did one in florida that required scuba diving into a sunken ship.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Are there very many local ones?
----------This space for rent----------
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

Well, i'll give this as an example. There are at least 60 within 12.3 miles of what they call the center of 65804 (about FuddRuckers on Battlefield). Lots of them are right off the Greenways trails.

You can go to Geocaching.com and type in your home coordinates (or just a Zip Code) to see all the caches around you. (you can also start cache, i bet we'd collectively have some very interesting hiding spots)
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Oh my good lord of the flies.... people would never get them!
----------This space for rent----------
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

piplnr65656 wrote:Yes the GPS ones are beginers. I did a big one in vermont that involved crossing lake champane into new york, sneaking into asible caisum after dark, rafting down the 45 mile an hour river threw the caisum, climbing up this big cliff ledge to a small overhang to take a picture of me next this spraypainted rock that was the treasure :D A friend of mine did one in florida that required scuba diving into a sunken ship.
Pfft! That's nothing! I've single-handedly cleaned out the garage!
"Now, get your hand back on your penis and resume jerking." -Fiti
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Barracuda wrote:
piplnr65656 wrote:Yes the GPS ones are beginers. I did a big one in vermont that involved crossing lake champane into new york, sneaking into asible caisum after dark, rafting down the 45 mile an hour river threw the caisum, climbing up this big cliff ledge to a small overhang to take a picture of me next this spraypainted rock that was the treasure :D A friend of mine did one in florida that required scuba diving into a sunken ship.
Pfft! That's nothing! I've single-handedly cleaned out the garage!
Yes the greatest adventure so far this year. Were in the hell did we put the christmas tree stand.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Yeah I was thinking that we need to start another cache site. An underground cache site since most of the ones now are in public areas. We should make some for people our age and hide them in the areas that are off limits to the public. :) That'd be freaking fun.

Then we can go visit the old areas again but have something new to look for.
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Post by colt45 »

That would be cool, it would give Geo Caching a little more challenge
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~